Brocade Management Software Community

Expand all | Collapse all

SANnav Zoning "View Changes" button gone

• 1.  SANnav Zoning "View Changes" button gone

Posted 7 days ago
    Hi,
    When I went through the training of SANnZO-220, it mentions when I activate a new zone configuration, I should have an option to "View Changes".
    However when I worked on my SANnav MP 2.0.0, this option did not show up.
    Is the "View Changes" function removed in recent SANnav version? It prevents me from knowing what the changes are between current zone configuration and the one going to be activated.
    Thank you.

• 2.  RE: SANnav Zoning "View Changes" button gone

Posted 3 days ago
    Yes it has been removed in SANnav v2.0.0. However you can still do a comparison. In the zone details window, do not select activate but just save the changes which will return you back to the Zone Configuration page. See example below. Notice the defined file has been modified. If you click on the down arrow for the defined file (far right side) it has the option to do a compare.

Example of the compare option:

When you are ready to activate you go back into View for the defined file and then click on Activate.

Note: I am currently working on updating the SANnav zoning class for v2.0.0, it should be ready in a couple of weeks.

• 3.  RE: SANnav Zoning "View Changes" button gone

Posted 2 days ago
    Thanks Bill,
    But even the "Compare" option did not show up on my SANnav.
    Looks like customer need to get use to new way of doing things compares to BNA. Also I will create a case to support to see if they can help.

It is good to hear the new training coming soon.

• 4.  RE: SANnav Zoning "View Changes" button gone

Posted 2 days ago
    Hello Kelvin, it looks like the only time the compare option is available is when the defined is different from the active. And the defined and active are the same name.

Example:
    CFG_A is active
    CFG_A is exactly the same as the active the compare option is not there
    CFG_A is not the same as the active the compare option is there
    Config_B: If the config file name is not the same as the active, even if the contents are different it does not have the compare option

Hope this helps, by the way I liked to way it worked before, I am not sure why it was removed.

• 5.  RE: SANnav Zoning "View Changes" button gone

Posted 2 days ago
    Hi Bill,
    I do not understand the logic of cannot compare CFG_A with Config_B when CFG_A is active. This is the most common case for most of my customer to modify zone configuration because it is more easy to fallback in case there is something with the new Config_B.
    I will create a case to see if this can be changed.
    Thanks again.

• 6.  RE: SANnav Zoning "View Changes" button gone

Posted 2 days ago
    I agree, thanks for opening a case as its needs to be fixed.

Bill