Brocade Automation Community

Expand all | Collapse all

Can REST API collect port performance data regular?

• 1.  Can REST API collect port performance data regular?

Posted 11-19-2019 02:20 AM

Hi,
    I have a customer planning to retire his BNA with SANnav. He used to have odbc to BNA database to collect 5-min port performance data before they get aged. I believe there is no similar function available in SANnav and I am thinking about can I set up REST API to collect that from the switch, instead of management software?

Thank you.

Kelvin

• 2.  RE: Can REST API collect port performance data regular?

Posted 11-19-2019 06:54 AM
    I haven't spent much time with the SANnav API but I believe you are correct. Port performance data is returned with brocade-interface/fibrechannel-statistics. There is a PyFOS module to pull statistics. I'm not sure if there is one to pull them periodically. I also have a module to pull statistics and have to write one to do so periodically. The primary difference between my own scripts and PyFOS is that PyFOS modules are intended for stand-alone use while mine are primarily coding examples for people who want to write their own scripts.

PyFOS

https://github.com/brocade

My Own

https://github.com/jconsoli

------------------------------
    Field Applications Engineer
    Broadcom

• 3.  RE: Can REST API collect port performance data regular?

Posted 11-19-2019 09:44 PM
    Thanks Jack. I will study them and see if they can help customer to get the performance data.

• 4.  RE: Can REST API collect port performance data regular?

Posted 11-20-2019 06:20 AM
    From github/jconsoli,from the aaplications (yes, I spelled it wrong), take stats_and_login.py. You'll need the two libraries brcdapi and brcddb to run it.

Field Applications Engineer
    Broadcom

• 5.  RE: Can REST API collect port performance data regular?

Posted 11-21-2019 01:26 AM
    Got it. Thanks again.