Brocade Fibre Channel Networking Community

Expand all | Collapse all

MAPS Port counters history

• 1.  MAPS Port counters history

Posted 03-08-2020 09:34 AM
    Hi Friends,

I am trying to check the history of port stats/error counter of a specific ports for last 1 week or on a specific day.

I am using the command, mapsdb --show all (but this does not give me all ports history).

Is there a command to check for a specific port counter on a specific day or custom period?

Also, in the same way can I check a type of error for last 30 days which occurred on which days and what time?

• 2.  RE: MAPS Port counters history

Posted 03-09-2020 04:13 AM

Hi Kishore,

I don't' think that is possible. I don't know of any command, other than the portstatsshow, porterrshow etc. showing ALL the counters so you can check the a specific type of counter with additional timestamp. And use the statsclear and slotstatsclear command to clear them certain period, so you can have a baseline.

Maybe the framelog command might help you. You can enable it and review it. It will show only about 40 discarded frames per second per chip on the chassis.
    I would think that would be too much of overhead on the switch CPU, to log each counter with timestamp.
    Regards,
    Ed

• 3.  RE: MAPS Port counters history

Posted 03-09-2020 04:58 AM
    There's no way to access that information via the CLI for the reasons Ed alluded to (cpu, storage, etc), however, you can access that information if you're running BNA (presumably SANnav too). The BNA db stores performance and error counters for every port, with timestamps, and you can access this information via the historical performance graphing option. From there you can chose all the different port statistics you want to view and modify the time period for the data to suit your needs.

• 4.  RE: MAPS Port counters history

Posted 03-09-2020 06:19 AM
    Thanks Ed for the reply.

• 5.  RE: MAPS Port counters history

Posted 03-09-2020 06:19 AM
    Thanks Ed for the reply.