Brocade Fibre Channel Networking Community

Expand all | Collapse all

is possible take CPU and Memory usage from FOS v6.3.0b through SNMPv1/v3 ?

• 1.  is possible take CPU and Memory usage from FOS v6.3.0b through SNMPv1/v3 ?

Posted 10-29-2019 02:33 PM
    hi all:
    We are using SNMP v1 and SNMPv3 on final client's equipment. We got data from snmpwalk using both versions.
    But having issues to get CPU usage and Memory usage from two Brocade 5100 switches with FOS v6.3.0b.
    Google searches lead me to use the mibs from FOS 6.1 since 6.3.0.b aren't found on broadcom site.
    But can't find any oid relate to CPU or Memory and the previous oid that used CPQXXX mibs don't work either.

So my question is can be doable (Get CPU and Memory) statistics from that very old FOS thourgh or I have to upgraded in order to accomplish this mission. Is there a command that can use from CLI connections to gather this data ?

Another question is why is that hard find and download brocade/broadcom mibs ?

Thanks a lot in advanced.

Any help will be really appreciated!

• 2.  RE: is possible take CPU and Memory usage from FOS v6.3.0b through SNMPv1/v3 ?

Posted 10-30-2019 05:00 AM
    Edited by Antonio Bongiorno 10-30-2019 05:00 AM
    FOS 6.4.x and older release are long time End of Availability, there is no Download anymore, for that reason you cannot download any MIB files.

Brocade 5100 is - under certain circumstance and only with active maintenance contract - supported by latest FOS 7.4.x

------------------------------
    TechHelp24

• 3.  RE: is possible take CPU and Memory usage from FOS v6.3.0b through SNMPv1/v3 ?

Posted 11-03-2019 01:44 AM
    Hi Antonio: we are aware about EOL of the equipment and FOS.
    But the final user is doing the papework to upgrade both ones.

• 4.  RE: is possible take CPU and Memory usage from FOS v6.3.0b through SNMPv1/v3 ?

Posted 11-01-2019 03:28 AM
    As Antonio stated, the environment you're having is not supported anymore.  The 5100 switch ran out of support January 2019 and if at all you should load it with FOS 7.4..

For MAPS enabled switches you have the SNMP OIDs:

swCpuUsage   1.3.6.1.4.1.1588.2.1.1.1.26.1 ​
    swMemUsage 1.3.6.1.4.1.1588.2.1.1.1.26.6

The CLI commands would be  mapssam --show cpu    and . mapssam --show memory   for MAPS enabled switches

Senior Systems Engineer
    Broadcom - Brocade Storage Networking

• 5.  RE: is possible take CPU and Memory usage from FOS v6.3.0b through SNMPv1/v3 ?

Posted 11-03-2019 03:27 AM
    Hi Thomas:
    I appreciate Antonio's and your answers.
    We are aware about EOLs of both HW and FOS, but is on the final customers hands.
    AFAIK, they are doing the papework to gather budget to upgrade HW.
    I'm assuming that since mibs are implemented at FOS level, in order to gather CPU/RAM at least the FOS must be upgraded.