Brocade Fibre Channel Networking Community

Expand all | Collapse all

Error Firmwaredownload Brocade

Jump to Best Answer
  • 1.  Error Firmwaredownload Brocade

Posted 03-05-2020 10:00 AM
    Hello,

I execute firmwaredownload command, but in the process the network fail, so when i see status of firmware this failed.

[20]: Thu Mar 5 13:15:28 2020
    Firmware commit failed - Firmwarecommit failed. (0x1a)

[21]: Thu Mar 5 13:16:23 2020
    Firmwarerestore is entered. System will reboot and a firmware commit operation will start upon boot up.

[22]: Thu Mar 5 13:16:48 2020
    Unable to restore the secondary partition. Please use firmwaredownloadstatus and firmwareshow to see firmware status.

[23]: Thu Mar 5 13:23:03 2020
    The firmware commit operation has started. This may take up to 10 minutes.

[24]: Thu Mar 5 13:25:15 2020
    Firmware commit failed - Firmwarecommit failed. (0x1a)

PureFlexFabricDomain2:USERID> firmwareshow
    Appl Primary/Secondary Versions
    ------------------------------------------
    FOS v8.1.0b
    Unknown

When i use firmwarerestore,

PureFlexFabricDomain2:USERID> firmwarerestore

The following items need to be addressed before restoring the specified firmware :
    Firmwaredownload or firmwarecommit is already running. Please wait for it to com plete first.

When use firmware commit,

PureFlexFabricDomain2:USERID> firmwarecommit
    Validating the filesystem ...
    Repairing the secondary partition now.
    Please wait ...
    rsync: writefd_unbuffered failed to write 4 bytes [sender]: Broken pipe (32)
    rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (1306 bytes received so far) [sender]
    rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(453) [sender=2.6.9]
    rsync: writefd_unbuffered failed to write 32768 bytes [sender]: Broken pipe (32)
    rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (1328 bytes received so far) [sender]
    rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(453) [sender=2.6.9]
    rsync: writefd_unbuffered failed to write 32768 bytes [sender]: Broken pipe (32)
    rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (954 bytes received so far) [sender]
    Failed to synchronize the partitions (0xc00).
    Please reboot the switch and run the firmwarecommit command. If the issue persists, Replace the CF card.

I use reboot and hareboot, but the firmwaredownload is still in process, so i cant execute firmwaredownload again, i cant open the gui application and i cant use firmwarecleaninstall because fail.

Can you helpme?

• 2.  RE: Error Firmwaredownload Brocade

Posted 03-05-2020 01:18 PM
    Hello,

Now the error is this;

Checking system settings for firmwaredownload...
    WARNING: one or more snmpv3 users have auth/priv password length lesser than 8

The following item(s) need to be addressed before downloading the specified firmware:
    Password(s) for admin/user are at default. Kindly change the password to non-default value before proceeding.

Firmwaredownload failed.

• 3.  RE: Error Firmwaredownload Brocade
    Best Answer

Posted 03-05-2020 02:35 PM
    I Solved.