Brocade Fibre Channel Networking Community

Expand all | Collapse all

Access to Brocade 300 firmware

Jump to Best Answer
  • 1.  Access to Brocade 300 firmware

Posted 03-10-2020 12:50 PM
    Hello everyone! I'm a SAN switching newbie who recently inherited some Brocade branded 300 switches from a counterpart of mine who's no longer with the company. Here are a few details from one of the switches.

Factory Part Number: 40-1000165-14
    Part Number: SLKWRM0000300
    Firmware version: v6.4.3d

How do I go about purchasing the right to download the latest and greatest firmware from Broadcom?

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: Access to Brocade 300 firmware
    Best Answer

Posted 03-11-2020 03:30 AM
    All Brocade software has to be downloaded through the OEMs or partners you bought the gear from or have a valid support contract with.

The OEMs/partners have to check that you have a valid support contract and don't mess with the EULA  (End User License Agreements).  Their sites usually link to the Broadcom site and provide the software for you.  If you're not able to find what you're looking for, you'll have to raise a support ticket with your OEM/partner and they'll have to make sure you get what you need.
     ​ ​

------------------------------
    Senior Systems Engineer
    Broadcom - Brocade Storage Networking

• 3.  RE: Access to Brocade 300 firmware

Posted 03-11-2020 03:46 AM
    Hi J.B. follow on from Thomas's comment. And that normally would involve a re-check program, to get the switches up to the current specs. Note that that might have a PO and Time and Materials contract attached.
    Regards,
    Ed

• 4.  RE: Access to Brocade 300 firmware

Posted 03-11-2020 11:51 AM

Good morning, Thomas. Thank you for replying.

As I understand it, the switches in question came into our possession via a company we acquired many years ago.

Unfortunately, since most of the employees of said company have since moved on, we have no way of knowing where the switches were purchased. Given their age, I'm fairly confident they're no longer under contract.

Since the switches are Brocade branded, I assumed we needed to contact Broadcom directly. If not, how do I go about finding an official Broadcom partner in my area? The company we usually purchase hardware maintenance contracts from told me they can't provide us with Broadcom firmware, so it appears they're not an official partner.

Thanks!

• 5.  RE: Access to Brocade 300 firmware

Posted 03-11-2020 11:57 AM
    will unicast you...

Senior Systems Engineer
    Broadcom - Brocade Storage Networking

• 6.  RE: Access to Brocade 300 firmware

Posted 03-20-2020 12:56 PM
    Many thanks to Thomas and Ed for your collective assistance. I really appreciate it.