Brocade Fibre Channel Networking Community

Expand all | Collapse all

Peer Zoning Adding WWN to the zone

• 1.  Peer Zoning Adding WWN to the zone

Posted 11-22-2019 08:52 AM
    I have started peer zoning on a DS-6520 fabric.  I noticed upon creation of the peer zone that the switch generates a WWN and adds it to the zone.   Not only is the WWN added to one peer zone, but it is added to ALL peer zones.  When a SAN Health report is ran this switch generated WWN shows up as a "Hanging Members" (This is the total number of zones that are hanging, meaning they have one or more members defined, but not present in any currently audited name server).  A couple questions:
    1.  Why is this WWN created (I am unable to find any documentation stating the why)?
    2.  Is there a way to have it not show up in the SAN Health report as a Hanging Memeber?

Thank you in advance.
    SAN Health fabric header information

• 2.  RE: Peer Zoning Adding WWN to the zone

Posted 11-23-2019 05:33 AM
    According to my limited knowledge of it, this is a Brocade internal use wwpn like number. The last octet tells you how many principals you have in your peerzone. The rest, no idea.

• 3.  RE: Peer Zoning Adding WWN to the zone

Posted 11-25-2019 07:40 AM
    @Spencer Bohannon-Yule

Answers:

1. The WWN you see is the so called Property Member.   This is documented in the FOS Admin Guides:  "Property member field is used to distinguish a Peer Zone from a regular zone. "
    2. The SAN Health Team is currently working on a version fixing this.

------------------------------
    Senior Systems Engineer
    Broadcom - Brocade Storage Networking
    ------------------------------