Brocade Fibre Channel Networking Community

Expand all | Collapse all

Firmware UPDATE - Equipment IBM type 249824E

• 1.  Firmware UPDATE - Equipment IBM type 249824E

Posted 03-04-2020 09:17 AM
    Hello!
    This post may not correspond to this community and I apologize.

My problem is that I cannot download the firmware update for this SAN SYSTEM from the IBM site.

Equipment IBM type 249824E

When trying to get the message:
    "For security reasons, Broadcom has disabled the IBM Assist page on broadcom.com where we have provided FOS firmware and Network Advisor downloads for Brocade SAN products for many years. If you need to receive FOS firmware for an upgrade, or a Network Advisor update, please open a case with IBM support"

Question: it will be possible to download the firmware from the BROCADE site.

Thank you very much for the information  :)

• 2.  RE: Firmware UPDATE - Equipment IBM type 249824E

Posted 03-06-2020 04:34 AM
    @M F ​   There is o Brocade site anymore and firmware won't be downloadable from the Broadcom site directly.

All Brocade software has to be downloaded through the OEMs or partners you bought the gear from.   The OEMs/partners have to check that you have a valid support contract and don't mess with the EULA  (End User License Agreements).  Their sites usually link to the Broadcom site and provide the software for you.  If you're not able to find what you're looking for, you'll have to raise a support ticket with your OEM/partner and they'll have to make sure you get what you need. ​ ​

------------------------------
    Senior Systems Engineer
    Broadcom - Brocade Storage Networking
    ------------------------------