Brocade Fibre Channel Networking Community

Expand all | Collapse all

Access Gateway

• 1.  Access Gateway

Posted 12-13-2019 12:20 AM
    Quick question on enabling AG mode on a Brocade switch.

Let's say I have a switch, A ===== > B ====== C

"A" is the principal

"B" is a subordinate

"C" is ONLY connected to switch "B"

All switch connections are of course ISL E_ports.

In order for me to enable AG mode on switch "C", my understanding is I should disable ALL ISL ports on switch "B" first correct? Then enable AG mode on switch "C".

Then come back to switch "B" and then I can enable all ISL ports again. Does that sounds about right?

MY understanding is if you enable AG mode on switch "C" without disabling the ISL ports on switch "B", then you run the risk of losing the zoning information on switch "C".

Thanks in advance!

------------------------------
    Sr. Storage Admin

• 2.  RE: Access Gateway

Posted 12-13-2019 03:46 AM
    Hello,

per my knowledge:

Let's say I have a switch, A ===== > B ====== C

In order for me to enable AG mode on switch "C", my understanding is I should disable ALL ISL ports on switch "B" first correct? Then enable AG mode on switch "C".

The good approach is to remove switch from fabric first so yes you are correct disable ISL ports on B and C switch.

Then come back to switch "B" and then I can enable all ISL ports again. Does that sounds about right?

Yes, correct.

MY understanding is if you enable AG mode on switch "C" without disabling the ISL ports on switch "B", then you run the risk of losing the zoning information on switch "C".

Once you enable AG on switch, the zone config is removed. So it doesn't make sense about statement of loosing zooning configration.
    IF you enable AG on switch zooning configration will be removed on this particular switch.
    From my perspective is better approach to disable ISL an then enable AG. As the switch will correctly log off from fabric first.

If my answer fulfilled your question please mark the reply as "Make Best Answer"

Kind Regards

Marian

• 3.  RE: Access Gateway

Posted 12-13-2019 09:17 AM
    Thanks @Marian Bezeg thanks for the reply and very helpful answers!!​

Sr. Storage Admin