Brocade Fibre Channel Networking Community

Expand all | Collapse all

BNA REST API set/query of custom user-defined properties?

• 1.  BNA REST API set/query of custom user-defined properties?

Posted 01-17-2020 10:32 AM
    Within BNA you are able to create up to three custom user-defined properties for a fabric.  This is nice and potentially useful if you are strictly using the BNA GUI, but there does not seem to be any way to programatically set/query these custom properties using the BNA REST API.  Am I missing somethere here?  Is anyone aware of a method to do this?  My desired goal (if it is even possible) is to use a python API script to set custom values for a couple of user-defined metadata attributes for each port, then later querying those same attributes for reporting purposes.  So far I've come up empty in identifying any ability to do this.  Seems rather limiting to only be able to set/view these attributes through the GUI.  (For what it's worth, I'm running BNA 14.4.4.)

Thanks in advance..

------------------------------
    [Storage Monkey]
    [TDS]
    [WI]

• 2.  RE: BNA REST API set/query of custom user-defined properties?

Posted 02-21-2020 02:21 AM
    @SteveGreen

Can you exactly explain what kind of attributes you're setting in BNA and where ​you do this?

The only way of setting some kind of custom attributes on a port level directly on a switch using REST is the "portname" of the switchports I think.

Senior Systems Engineer
    Broadcom - Brocade Storage Networking