Brocade Fibre Channel Networking Community

Expand all | Collapse all

How to get past the SNMP interactive mode... on FOS 6.0+ ....need to script

• 1.  How to get past the SNMP interactive mode... on FOS 6.0+ ....need to script

Posted 03-08-2016 01:15 PM

Hello All,

Obviously I am comming from the .bat world, wanting to script and do this via plink, or other means... but the major road block I am hitting is figuring out if there is a non-interactive structure to the commands below:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1.) I am simply trying to find out if there is a single line (non-interactive) command that I can make/moddify SNMPv3 users with. I have searched, it seems the entire internet for a couple days and have had 0 success.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ snmpconfig --set snmpv3 ////////////////////////////

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2.) similiar to the point above, same question applies to the 'accesscontrol' part of SNMP, looking for a single line (non-interactive) version of this command.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ snmpconfig --set accesscontrol ////////////////////////////

Thank you ALL!!!!
    :-D

Thanks,

John

#SNMPv3
    #san
    #storagenetworking
    #fibrechannel
    #BrocadeFibreChannelNetworkingCommunity
    #SNMPaccesscontrol
    #snmpconfig

• 2.  Re: How to get past the SNMP interactive mode... on FOS 6.0+ ....need to script

Posted 03-08-2016 11:29 PM
    Did you try that with the "expect" utility?
    #BrocadeFibreChannelNetworkingCommunity