Brocade Fibre Channel Networking Community

Expand all | Collapse all

why is it so hard to get EZswitchsetup?

• 1.  why is it so hard to get EZswitchsetup?

Posted 06-07-2019 12:26 PM
    I just bought my first brocade 610.  There was no documentation that came with it.  Just 3 pieces of paper all of which said the same thing. And that was to come here and download it. OK fine. But I have searched everywhere foe this EZSwitchsetup (the community, the portal, the support docs and downloads) and can't find it anywhere...

Where do I download it?

• 2.  RE: why is it so hard to get EZswitchsetup?

Posted 10-30-2019 10:18 AM
    Same here!  Did you ever get any replies?  I'm still looking for EZSwitchSetup, and I keep hitting old info & links.

• 3.  RE: why is it so hard to get EZswitchsetup?

Posted 11-01-2019 03:12 AM
    @patrick brophy  @Michael Colvin   You should be able to download EZSwitchSetup from your OEMs website that you bought the switches from or would download FOS images. Also all the documentation should be available there.  ​​  The OEM usually link their download pages to the Broadcom site and they decide whats' visible to you and what not... , if you are not able to find what you're looking for you'lll basically have to contact your OEM and ask for it.

------------------------------
    Senior Systems Engineer
    Broadcom - Brocade Storage Networking
    ------------------------------

• 4.  RE: why is it so hard to get EZswitchsetup?

Posted 11-01-2019 10:59 AM
    Too little, too late.  My post is from JUNE. I eventually learned enough on my own to configure via the shell.

Also the instruction explicitly tells the purchaser to come HERE for the software.  So in that regard I expect you to make it available.