CA Service Management

View Only

Tracking Group Membership Changes via Contact Activity Log 

Oct 17, 2016 12:19 AM

Hello,

The attached mod/spl file will add the functionality to track who is changing Group Membership and the Notify/Manager flags on the grpmem object.  When a user is added/removed from a Group or has their Notify/Manager flag changed they will have an activity written to their Activity Log.  Note, this code has only received minimal testing and is not supported by CA.  Use at your own risk! 

Follow these steps to implement this customization.

1. Create Activity Notifications for tracking group membership.
    • Symbol: Group Membership Changed
    • Code: zGRP_Audit
    • Mark as checked: Contacts
  2. Create Activity Notifications for tracking group flag changes.
    • Symbol: Group Flag Changed
    • Code: zGRP_FLG
    • Mark as checked: Contacts
  3. Extract spl/mod file from grpmem_audit.zip and place in nx_root/site/mods/magic directory
  4. Restart SDM services and test

Group Changes

Group Flag Changes

Hopefully someone finds this code useful!   Let me know if you have any questions.

Statistics
0 Favorited
1 Files
0 Shares
3 Downloads
Attachment(s)
zip file
grpmem_audit.zip   1 KB   1 version
Uploaded - May 29, 2019

Tags and Keywords

Comments

Mar 18, 2021 10:33 AM

Thanks Grant, your post helped me do a similar spell to audit when a group is related to a category for self-assignment.

Jan 20, 2017 01:33 PM

Thank you tzadell and jmayer!

I will create an idea so this can be voted up.

Jan 20, 2017 11:13 AM

I totally agree that this should have been in the product all along.  I remember being very surprised that it wasn't tracking these changes.  Is there an idea that I can vote on for getting it added?

Tammy

Jan 20, 2017 09:03 AM

just got trough that one....

nice job gbruneau !

I'm sure this will be useful for many and the functionality a good candidate for future release.

/J

Oct 17, 2016 04:45 PM

Hi marsh03, good to hear from you!  I didn't think of mentioning this to the product team.  I used this use case as a spel learning opportunity, feel free to forward this to the product team for consideration if you think it would benefit your clients.

Oct 17, 2016 08:50 AM

Grant  thank you for sharing ! From the description/ screenshots it does seem like something that a lot of clients would like who are interested in auditing. Have you spoken to someone from the product team to have them use this code and add it as part of the product ? 

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.