CA Service Management

View Only

Goodbye BOP_SINFO! 

Sep 24, 2018 05:26 PM

Hi guys,

For users who do not like the BOP_SINFO utility, in this video I demonstrate a new feature that I developed that makes it possible to view any type of information from an object directly in the CA Service Desk Manager (SDM) tool interface.

Adeus utilitário BOP_SINFO! - YouTube 

Enjoy!

Statistics
0 Favorited
0 Files
0 Shares
0 Downloads

Tags and Keywords

Comments

Sep 28, 2018 12:24 PM

Thanks Raghu!

Sep 28, 2018 10:34 AM

This is very impressive Daniel, great work !

_R

Sep 27, 2018 08:44 AM

Sep 27, 2018 08:32 AM

Ok Kyle,
I'll include an idea and await the outcome of the vote. And about people sending me messages for more details, I'm available.

Sep 26, 2018 07:44 PM

Thanks Daniel,

We can't promise to include anything in the product, but if someone wants to they can create an Idea for people to vote on, to have this included.

Then CA Development can reach out to you for further details if needed, if it gets accepted.

I was thinking it would make it easier for people to implement this customisation by dropping the files into their folders, rather than by building up from the video.

Perhaps people could message you if they're interested in more details?

Thanks Kyle_R.

Sep 25, 2018 07:19 PM

Thanks Alexander!

Sep 25, 2018 02:08 PM

Very impressive!

Sep 25, 2018 08:45 AM

I'll try to do the subtitles. As soon as time permits.

Sep 25, 2018 08:45 AM

Kyle_R

I'll try to do the subtitles. As soon as time permits.
As for the source code, if CA agrees to incorporate this functionality into the next version of the product, I will be happy to make all the material available.
Basically, deploying this functionality is very simple. Involves creating 4 files (op_custom.cfg, z_operations.spl> $NX_ROOT\site\mods\www
detail_prod_list, list_prod_list> $NX_ROOT\site\mods\www\htmpl\web\analyst)

Thanks!

Sep 25, 2018 04:03 AM

Thanks Daniel,

I second James' comment - looks very good, and an English version or subtitles would be helpful.

In addition . . .  are there files that you can provide, that people can drop into their installation?

All of this is entirely optional, of course. :-)

(If anyone else wishes to step up with a language translation of that video, be our guest.)

I must admit that your thread title did give me a minor panic - I thought that you meant that bop_sinfo was being removed from the product, which for old command line die hards like myself would have been unthinkable! (Just to be clear, this is not happening.)

For everyone else wondering "What is bop_sinfo and why should I care?"

It is a very useful command line utility, which can give you a lot of information about Objects and Attributes, and how they are configured. Essential stuff for an SDM Administrator.

It is particularly useful for identifying differences between three key parts of your system which should be aligned but sometimes aren't:

• Physical database (inspect with database tools in the MDB database)
  • SDM virtual layer (inspect with bop_sinfo)
  • File system (inspect with file viewers, especially in /site/mods)

This tool which Daniel has helpfully developed, gives an easy view into the Object layer from within the comfort of the SDM web client, rather than breaking out to the command line.

Thanks, Kyle_R.

Sep 24, 2018 10:36 PM

Hi Daniel,

this looks very useful.  Can you do an English sound-track or subtitles, please?

Regards,

James

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.