DX NetOps Manager

View Only

CA SPECTRUM AP Office Hours Transcript - November 10th, 2016,  2:30PM - 3:30PM (AEDT) Sydney Time 

Nov 10, 2016 01:54 AM

Tarun Pamu to Everyone: Hello Everyone Welcome to Spectrum APJ Office hours
Tarun Pamu to Everyone: Hello Alex
alex to Everyone: hi
Widjaja Sangtoki to Everyone: @Alex, welcome. Do you have any questions about Spectrum?
alex to Everyone: when is everything switching to Jasper?
alex to Everyone: from CABI
Nagesh Jaiswal to Everyone:  @Alex, With Spectrum 10.2 we will have 40 OOTB reports
Widjaja Sangtoki to Everyone:  10.2 which is released in Dec (targeted) will have more canned Jasper reports available
Nagesh Jaiswal to Everyone:  You can install and BOXI and Jasper side by side for your testing
Widjaja Sangtoki to Everyone:  We have Availability, Event, Alarms reports etc --- yes, out of the box
Nagesh Jaiswal to Everyone:  With Spectrum 10,2 release we will also support Jasper on Linux
Widjaja Sangtoki to Everyone:  We expect more customers will start moving to Jaspersoft starting from 10.2
alex to Everyone:  do you know what else will be new with 10.2?
Widjaja Sangtoki to Everyone:  @Alex, see the slide
Widjaja Sangtoki to Everyone:  that is presented now
Widjaja Sangtoki to Everyone:  we have a short video in the community page
Nagesh Jaiswal to Everyone:  @Alex, anything specific you were looking for? or interested in?
alex to Everyone:  just interested to know what will be new so that i can start to have conversations with our customers 
alex to Everyone:  or even plan
Nagesh Jaiswal to Everyone:  Hello Rajesh
Widjaja Sangtoki to Everyone:  https://communities.ca.com/videos/4846?et=notification.send
Nagesh Jaiswal to Everyone:  Good Morning
Widjaja Sangtoki to Everyone:  that is the video link posted in Communities page about What's New in 10.2
alex to Everyone:  thaks 
Tarun Pamu to Everyone:  Hello Rajesh
alex to Everyone:  *thanks
Rajesh to Everyone:  Good Afternoon/Morning
Widjaja Sangtoki to Everyone:  @Rajesh, welcome. Do you have any questions about Spectrum? Feel free during this office hours
Rajesh to Everyone:  Can I use the Jasper Report manager which I have installed for UIM for Spectrum?
Widjaja Sangtoki to Everyone:  @Rajesh, it should work but we need to make sure compatibility (version supported by Spectrum)
Nagesh Jaiswal to Everyone:  @Rajesh, we have not tested this internally
Widjaja Sangtoki to Everyone:  @Rajesh, @Alex, any issues or complex/difficult requirements about Spectrum in the field?
alex to Everyone:  not at the moment 
Rajesh to Everyone:  Ok. Let me try today,
Rajesh to Everyone:  i have UIM jasper instance, and will try to integrate to Spectrum as well. We are doing POC for one of our customer, wanted to reduce resource,
Nagesh Jaiswal to Everyone:  @Alex, @Rajesh, according to all analytics EMEA and APJ region will be fast adopters of SDN, NFV. Anything you hear from customers?
Nagesh Jaiswal to Everyone:  We are coming up with support for Cisco ACI with Open Stack
Rajesh to Everyone:  I would like to know the Service Desk integration out-of-the-box to remedy is customizable? like what fields need to be updated
Widjaja Sangtoki to Everyone:  @Rajesh, this will be in 10.2
Nagesh Jaiswal to Everyone:  @Rajesh, what customization are we talking about here?
Nagesh Jaiswal to Everyone:  We don't have at this moment
Rajesh to Everyone:  I have a critical alarm in Spectrum, but would like to open a ticket in remedy as Major for some set of devices and critical for some set of devices, this can be achieved?
Nagesh Jaiswal to Everyone:  @Rajesh......as you are Beta Participant can you test this out?
Nagesh Jaiswal to Everyone:  This is available with Beta
Rajesh to Everyone:  currently we have customized for one of our customer, these features, 
Rajesh to Everyone:  but I do not have remedy instance to test this, and the customer has only production instance,
Nagesh Jaiswal to Everyone:  @Rajesh.. can you drop me and email
Nagesh Jaiswal to Everyone:  I will confirm from engineering
Rajesh to Everyone:  @Nagesh, will do that.
Nagesh Jaiswal to Everyone:  Thanks Rajesh
alex to Everyone:  gentlemen unfortunately this is late for me 
alex to Everyone: i might have to leave you here 
Tarun Pamu to Everyone:  @Alex No problem. Thanks for joining the session Alex
Nagesh Jaiswal to Everyone: @Rajesh....any update on the progress so far with Beta testing?
Nagesh Jaiswal to Everyone: Did you get a chance to install and test it?
Rajesh to Everyone:  @Nagesh, I will be working with the new refresh you have posted in couple of days, was away last week.
Nagesh Jaiswal to Everyone Sure
Rajesh to Everyone:  @Nagesh, is there road map for f5 Big IP device certification. currently i see in 10.1.2 it is still discovered as GenSNMP device
Nagesh Jaiswal to Everyone:  @Rajesh.....I don't think we worked on this certification
Nagesh Jaiswal to Everyone:  You have the SysOID?
Nagesh Jaiswal to Everyone:  We can quickly confirm
Rajesh to Everyone:  OID of the device is 1.3.6.1.4.1.3375.2.1.3.4.61
Nagesh Jaiswal to Everyone:  Ok
Nagesh Jaiswal to Everyone:  Checking
Widjaja Sangtoki to Everyone:  @Rajesh, what kind of certification you require? Can't do self-certification?
Rajesh to Everyone:  its a loadbalancer. customer wants to monitor the LB perspective
Nagesh Jaiswal to Everyone:  @Rajesh.....this is not certified yet
Nagesh Jaiswal to Everyone:  Good News is we will be soon announcing our regular cadence of Certification Pack
Nagesh Jaiswal to Everyone:  So customers need not wait till release to happen
Nagesh Jaiswal to Everyone:  And the Cert Pack can be applied to supported GA releases
Nagesh Jaiswal to Everyone:  Stay tuned for the announcement
Widjaja Sangtoki to Everyone:  @Nagesh, how long is the interval?
Nagesh Jaiswal to Everyone:  Not decided yet
Nagesh Jaiswal to Everyone:  Based on content
Nagesh Jaiswal to Everyone:  But once in a quarter is what initial plan is
Rajesh to Everyone:  @Nagesh, can we request for this device certification.
Nagesh Jaiswal to Everyone:  @Rajesh....Sure. Can you open up a ticket with MIBS and device simulation
Nagesh Jaiswal to Everyone:  We will prioritize it

Rajesh to Everyone:  @currently I am working on POC, with a potential customer 
Rajesh to Everyone: Sure, i will. but support does not accept device certification from the support ticket they ask us to open an Idea
Widjaja Sangtoki to Everyone:  @Rajesh, we still can open a call ticket with Support for device cert
Widjaja Sangtoki to Everyone:  but recommendation is in Idea Wall so other customers can also vote the Idea
Widjaja Sangtoki to Everyone:  so we can promote the request
Tarun Pamu to Everyone:  Hello Sandeep Welcome to Spectrum AP Office hours....Please feel to ask your questions
Widjaja Sangtoki to Everyone:  @Sandeep, do you have any questions about Spectrum? Feel free to voice it here in Office Hours
Rajesh to Everyone:  @widjaja, that is true, i have so many ideas at the idea wall for device certification till now no device is been certified.
Sandeep Mazwar to Everyone:  Hi All.. Just wanted to know about the Jasper Soft integration. From CABI to Jasper soft how we can migrate the old Data ?
Sandeep Mazwar to Everyone:  May be my question is not relevant for this call.
Nagesh Jaiswal to Everyone:  @Sandeep, the data stays with Spectrum
Nagesh Jaiswal to Everyone:  So all you need is integrate Jasper with Spectrum and start using it
Sandeep Mazwar to Everyone:  Thanks Nagesh.
Widjaja Sangtoki to Everyone:  @Sandeep, in other words we don't need to migrate the reporting data
Sandeep Mazwar to Everyone:  My other query was - Do we have any plan to have "logout" option for the SPECTRUM webpage ?
Widjaja Sangtoki to Everyone:  @Sandeep, we just move to different reporting engine
Nagesh Jaiswal to Everyone: Oneclick or Web Client?
Sandeep Mazwar to Everyone:  web client
Nagesh Jaiswal to Everyone:  Web Client it is already there 
Sheenam Gupta to Everyone:  @Sandeep: We already have the logout option
Sandeep Mazwar to Everyone:  Sorry, I mean to say.. when we login to CA Spectrum webpage with a specific user ID, we dont have any option to logout that user
Nagesh Jaiswal to Everyone:  Oh ok
Nagesh Jaiswal to Everyone:  No we dont have that yet
Nagesh Jaiswal to Everyone:  We will priortize it for future releases
Sandeep Mazwar to Everyone:  I was told that on newer version of CA Spectrum, we might have that functionality
Widjaja Sangtoki to Everyone:  @Rajesh, one of us will call you separately for the certification call ticket
Sandeep Mazwar to Everyone:  Allright, Thanks Nagesh !
Nagesh Jaiswal to Everyone:  The functionality is with New Web Client
Nagesh Jaiswal to Everyone:  So you can have your operators direct link to Web Client
Nagesh Jaiswal to Everyone:  Instead of going through the Spectrum Web page
Sandeep Mazwar to Everyone:  ah okay..
Tarun Pamu to Everyone:  @Sandeep here is the video link on whats new in Spectrum 10.2
Tarun Pamu to Everyone: 
https://communities.ca.com/videos/4846?et=notification.send
Nagesh Jaiswal to Everyone:  With 10,2 we will also have Network Topology
Sandeep Mazwar to Everyone: Thanks Tarun, I will have a look .
Sandeep Mazwar to Everyone:  Thanks everyone , no other query from my side.
 Rajesh to Everyone:  Thanks, everyone
Tarun Pamu to Everyone:  Thanks Sandeep and Rajesh for joing the session ...The transcript will be posted on the communities 
Tarun Pamu to Everyone:  That's all for now....Thanks you all for attending..
Tarun Pamu to Everyone:  Stay tuned for the next Office Hours Session

Statistics
0 Favorited
0 Files
0 Shares
0 Downloads

Tags and Keywords

Comments

Dec 06, 2016 11:50 AM

Thank you Tarun, very happy to see that office hours have been on the increase in support of APJ region. This is great for customers and partners in that region! 

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.