Workload Automation

View Only

[askCA TRANSCRIPT] CA Workload Automation DE – April 26, 2018 

Apr 26, 2018 01:06 PM

from Lenn Thompson (CA) to Everyone:

@Everyone: Let's go ahead and get started! What questions do you have for the DE team today?

@Everyone: Please remember to ask your questions "Send to: Everyone" and if you're talking to one person in particular, please remember to @NAME

from sharon to Everyone:

hi, i am doing well. i don't have any questions just thought i would see what everyone else was asking

@Marco: Thanks for joining us today. Do you have a question for the team?

@Sharon: Thanks for joining us. Let us know how we can help.

@Glenn: Good morning! Do you have a question for the team?

from Glenn to Everyone:

Hi All, i am wondering if there have been any new enhancements to DE SAP PLUGIN agent?

from Dan Shannon (CA) to Everyone:

@Glenn We have not made any recent enhancements to the SAP plug-in but have plans to do so. Is there any specific functionality you are looking for?

from ravikumar to Everyone:

@everyone, do we have agent plugin for HANA database

from Glenn to Everyone:

SAP integrates with business objects and we still don’t have a way to schedule or monitor it unless it is a product outside of CA. i have watcher for other customers testing De 12 SAP agent plugin and have not seen any, will be upgrading this summer from 11.3 sp2 to 12, the current plugin works our HANA env

@Ravikumar We don't have an agent for SAP HANA. Are you looking for perform tasks like triggers, table monitor, and queries or do something else more specific to SAP?

@everyone, to schedule a DB stored procedure job

@Ravikumar Thanks. I would encourage you to post the idea on the Community site so we can determine customer interest

okay

is there a option to send the spool list as attachment to emails ?and is there a limitation on size of the email that we sent over

from Glenn to Everyone:

we schedule all our batch in ECC and BW hana environments, stored procedures can be done with the current plugin in HANA env

Spool list that SAP job creates

from Ravi Kiran Kunduri to Everyone:

@RaviKumar - on the spool file attachment request..

@RaviKumar- Notification tab in each job -email-you have an option 'attach spool file'

not the output  log ..

On SAP job we have option to GET SPOOL LIST (which need to be send as attachment)

from Glenn to Everyone:

in our ECC/BW HANA env we define a printer in SPAD as 'EMXX' in the source system there is an option to email to exchange server and add email addresses there

we could send it  as BODY TXT message ( limited size) but customer wants it as  attachment

@Ravi Kumar - ok .In SAP -Batch Input Session Job Type under SAP job types , there is an option 'Spool List Recipients' . Can you please check that .. if it helps!

ok , let me try it instead of SAP R3

SAP jobs are getting stuck up in ready/submit state very often , what could be the reason ,how could we  avoid this ?

@RaviKumar - we need to know the reasons from agent logs.. There is no direct answer.. You can open an issue .. we can look into it.

okay

from Glenn to Everyone:

primary reason for this could be that you don’t have enough background partitions available so it waits for a place to run

from Travis Anderson to Everyone:

we are going to version 12 in the next 4 months, is the thick client pretty much the same as 11.3 or is there a noticeable difference that would warrant training for our users?

@Travis The DC is essentially the same. The next release will have additional functionality that was only available in the Web UI

thank you. we are eagerly waiting to use the web UI, from what i have seen which isn't too much, i like it

@Travis super

@Travis You'll want to upgrade to 12.0 SP2 if you want to use the Web UI

@ Dan Will do, we plan to upgrade to the latest version

how does migration of apps work when you are on 2 different version. i mean, we will be on latest version in our test environment for a month or so until prod gets the update. is the newest client compatible with version 11.3.3 which we have?

@Travis Anderson - R12 DC is not compatible with R11.3.3

@Travis Anderson - you can connect from R12.2 DC to R12.1

@Ravi Thanks but if that is the case how would we deal with migration of apps from test to prod if will be on 2 different version. we simply can't upgrade both environments at the same time

@Ravi also when you say not compatible, would the client fail to connect completely, or would it connect but potentially cause issues?

@Travis Anderson - migration utility is available .. which will convert all 11.3.3 to R12 without any manual configurations needed. It is also going to move the history information. It is just that you need two DC's to connect to 11.3.3 and R12. Once migration is successful , you can start using the latest..

@Ravi I guess i am a little lost here. so we migrate the apps from 11.3.3 to 12 using the utility, i get that. but then when that version 12 app needs to be moved to PROD which would still have 11.3.3, what happens there?

from Nitin Pande (CA) to Lenn Thompson (CA) (privately):

@Travis.  To move between same version, you will use imexutil utility to move artifacts from DEV to PROD

@Travis Anderson - you need to install R12.0 . migrate 11.3.3 apps from 11.3.3. to 12.. test it . .once you are ok . do the same step for production..

@Travis Anderson - please refer the video - http://po.st/v02XCP

@Everyone: We only have a couple minutes left. Are there any other questions?

@Ravi Thanks i will check out the video

can i get one more question please? if users try to connect to R12 with older client will it fail completely?

or will it connect and cause problems? we are hoping it fails completely to force users to use the right version

@Travis Anderson - It will not connect from 12 DC to 11.3.3 DE server

@Ravi Great thank you so much!

@Travis Anderson - we support only within the release .like R12.2 DC will connect to R12.1

and DC 11 won't connect to 12 DE server right?

@Travis Anderson - yes

@Ravi Thanks, appreciate you staying on longer

from Lenn Thompson (CA):

@Everyone: Okay folks, let's wrap up this session. Thanks for your time!

Statistics
0 Favorited
0 Files
0 Shares
0 Downloads

Tags and Keywords

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.