Service Virtualization

View Only

Tech Tips: Getting "Content is not allowed in prolog" when opening a project 

Feb 12, 2018 04:50 PM

Trying to open a project from DevTest Workstation using File-->Open-->Project-->select the project OR from the Quickstart Panel gives the below error.

ERROR - [Fatal Error] :1:1: Content is not allowed in prolog.
ERROR - Unable to open XML file: C:\DevTest\Projects\***\lisa.project. error: Content is not allowed in prolog.
ERROR - Error opening the project.
java.lang.NullPointerException: currentProjectManager is null! Fix this by calling ProjectManager.setCurrentProjectVersion() first!
at com.itko.lisa.repo.ProjectManager.getInstance(ProjectManager.java:272)
at com.itko.lisa.gui.ProjectTreePanel.expandTreeToDefaultLevels(ProjectTreePanel.java:323)
at com.itko.lisa.gui.ProjectTreePanel.setup(ProjectTreePanel.java:285)
at com.itko.lisa.gui.ProjectTreePanel.<init>(ProjectTreePanel.java:253)
at com.itko.lisa.gui.LisaMainPanelSwing$11.doCallback(LisaMainPanelSwing.java:793)
at com.itko.util.swing.panels.ProcessingDialog$2.run(ProcessingDialog.java:194)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

The error refers to lisa.project. Try opening the lisa.project and see it shows the content something like below or not.

<?xml version="1.0" ?>

<Project>
<Name>***</Name>
<Version>V2</Version>
<Notes></Notes>
<ActiveConfig>{{LISA_RELATIVE_PROJ_ROOT}}/Configs/project.config</ActiveConfig>

</Project>

The above content can have more or less information but it should be something like that. If you see the lisa.project like below then the file is corrupted and you see the above error message.

NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL 

You can resolve the error by recreating lisa.project file or copy it from a different project and change the name and configuration path information.

Statistics
0 Favorited
0 Files
0 Shares
0 Downloads

Tags and Keywords

Comments

Feb 13, 2018 09:19 AM

Hi Prema,

Just to add, I sometimes see this issue with the VSE and upon analysis, found that if the Lisa tmp folder is out of space, this issue is caused. I clear the lads folder in the tmp which usually fixes the issue. Hope I'm doing correct!!

Regards,

Shivakumar.

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.