Release Automation

View Only

Release Automation KB: Viewing Deployment History 

Nov 19, 2015 03:21 PM

Problem

Applies versions 5.5 and later.

When viewing the Deployments view in ROC (Releases --> Deployments), a full history of deployments is not shown, despite using the "All Deployments" filter.

Cause

This is not a problem with the Deployments view, but rather deployment history has moved elsewhere in more recent versions. The Deployments view, even with the "All Deployments" filter, is not intended to show all deployments over all time; rather it is meant to show a snapshot of all relatively recent deployments.

Resolution

New features added to the Dashboard provide a wider range of options for reviewing deployment history, among other data. For example, one can use the "Add Content" button in the Dashboard view to add one or more reports and/or widgets. Among the reports available are historical reports that can cover any custom range of deployment history, including all deployments ever performed.

Statistics
0 Favorited
0 Files
0 Shares
0 Downloads

Tags and Keywords

Comments

Dec 09, 2015 04:59 AM

Hi, This is pretty much useful info. As we dont know this previously we raised support case also for this

Nov 30, 2015 10:58 AM

That is correct, which was the reason I wrote this KB, so as to clarify that limit. I think that's absolutely a legitimate concern though, and if I may recommend, I think this would be a worthy enhancement request, if you wouldn't mind logging an idea for it here.

Nov 20, 2015 01:37 AM

the only thing missing though is an indicator on the "Deployments" page, that says what deployments are shown, like "Deployments for past 7 days" or something like that. Because now you navigate to "Releases->Deployments" and it kinda looks like a complete list. It's just when you look for older deployments, that you figure out, that this list doesn't contain the complete history.

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.