Clarity

View Only

Freebie Friday - Application Portfolio Management Sample Data and Rights Group 

Oct 14, 2016 10:46 AM

So you've heard about the Application Portfolio Management (APM) add in, but when you tried to demo it there wasn't any sample data to see the outputs?

CA PPM APM demo data set  Supply an example rights group with the APM add on (application portfolio management) 

You are in luck as I produced some sample data which you can use for showcasing APM to stakeholders

Application Portfolio Management (APM) Add-In - CA PPM - 15.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

The attached XOG is 13 applications with corresponding static data and completed assessments.

Note: These are for evaluation purposes only, do not  install on a production environment!

Some of the great views:

Statistics
0 Favorited
2 Files
0 Shares
0 Downloads
Attachment(s)
zip file
APM_Example_Manager_Group.xml.zip   1 KB   1 version
Uploaded - May 29, 2019
zip file
APM_example_data.xml.zip   6 KB   1 version
Uploaded - May 29, 2019

Tags and Keywords

Comments

Jan 10, 2017 03:25 AM

Back before cost_type was added, organisations would use the charge code to indicate capitalisation.

These charge codes (such as management) come with the example CSK dataset.

You can ether replace the chargecode values in the XML or add the chargecode in.

Jan 09, 2017 02:59 PM

Question for you:  I see in your sample data you have a Charge Code value of "Management".

chargeCodeExtID="Management"

Can you tell me where you got this Charge Code from?  I only see Capital and Expense.  Can you give me the Name and ID for the "Management" Charge Code?

Or, did you make this one up?

Thanks,

Lowell

Nov 12, 2016 01:24 PM

Oh and I found a surprise, you need to add the retirement date and retirement decision to the view. APM requires these but not on the view.

I'll patch those files at some point

Nov 12, 2016 01:21 PM

Glad to hear this has been useful.

May want to extend for say 50apps, but it's enough to get going I hope!

Nov 11, 2016 04:49 PM

Andrew: Thank You Thank You Thank You!

I'm trying to get traction for APM in CA PPM in my organization and being able to see & interact with this within the application is worth 1000 powerpoints.

For the next traveler down this path, here's my journey. Results may be easier/simpler on a clean install, but I'm putting this into my Dev environment with a backup of our production data ...so it took a little work.

First, I tried to simply Install the APM Add-In and Xog in Andrew's content above. The Xogs are expecting foundational elements like lookups, attributes, etc from the content pack so my first approach was not successful. Here's my install routine - 14.3 fixpack 9 against MSSQL 2012. PMO Accelerator is installed.

1) Install APM add-in. For me, errors were thrown.

2) Bring up app, goto Content Add-Ins, goto Application Portfolio Management, find items marked for 'Upgrade' and select Install.

3) Bring everything back down. Re-install APM add-in. This time (for me) it installed successfully without errors.

4) Attempted again to install Andrew's content. Again, dependency errors.

5) Install csk demo content as Suman mentions above (admin content-demo csk)

6) The demo content first errored out at the Matrix install. 

7) Goto %NIKU_HOME%\META-INF\content\xog\csk\demoXogDriver.xml and comment out financials/matrix.xml node.

8) Rerun admin content-demo csk and get to the next error. Goto demoXogDriver.xml and comment out the next offending node.

9) Repeat step 8 above until install is complete. I had to comment out about 5 nodes before it completed successfully. My thought/hope here is that the APM accelerator won't miss this stuff and whatever I get will be good enough for demo & conversation starter purposes.

10) Bring the app up and XOG in Andrew's content (success!).

11) Add users to Andrew's APM Manager group and send users an email that this is ready for them to kick the tyres on.

Thanks!

Oct 19, 2016 11:32 AM

With the attached XOGs, the demo content is not needed to get the APM dashboard working. ( you need to install the apm package though!)

It will insert 13 applications complete with the assessments and static data. Like I said earlier I just extended the demo content

Oct 19, 2016 11:22 AM

Andrew - should we install CA's demo content then XOG in your content? Or is your content inclusive of CA's?

Oct 17, 2016 06:47 AM

Thanks Andrew  

Oct 17, 2016 06:40 AM

The CSK demo content does not have the data needed for the APM dashboards.

This is because there are no completed assessments and requires additional static data.

The applications I have attached are from the PMO demo data set, I just extended the information

Oct 17, 2016 06:33 AM

Hi Andrew,

We provide demo data and once you install you can have APM data too

Install PMO Accelerator Sample Data - CA PPM - 14.2 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Command is :admin content-demo csk

Hope this helps 

Regards

Suman Pramanik 

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.