Clarity

View Only

Project Management Enhancements in Jazz (15.4.1) 

Jun 06, 2018 08:56 AM

Further to my Document, Business Intelligence and Data Warehouse Improvements In Jazz (15.4.1), this blog contains data on features for transforming Project Management.

Introduction

CA PPM Jazz release or otherwise called service pack 15.4.1, is as fantastic as its name. It contains some new features into it, which will be great to improve new user experience.

The list of features is as follows:

1.      Top Down Planning (Roadmapping enhancements)
  2.      Project Management enhancements
  3.      Business Intelligence and Data Warehouse related enhancements
  4.      User Feedback enhancements

The detailing of Project Management Enhancements is as following:

Project Management enhancements

•      Staff module in project in New UX
  •      Cross-Projects Tasks Grid
  •      Added ‘% Complete’ visual for Project Tiles
  1. Project Management enhancements:
  •     Staff Module in Project in New UX:

More columns can be added and existing can be removed using the column panel on the right side of the grid.

New resource/role can be added using the ‘Plus’ button on the left side of the grid.

•     Added ‘% Complete’ visual in the Project Tiles:

This visual can be configured to show on the tile using the Blueprints.

•     Cross Projects Tasks Grid:

This grid shows all the tasks from different projects on which Paul Martin has assignment. 

Other available fields can be added and existing can be removed from the Column Panel on the right side of the grid.

When a task is selected, we can see different field for that task in the same manner as we could have seen within a project.

In this view, quick links are available to task level conversation and projects also.

In above screenshots, My Tasks view has been shown. Similarly, different view can be configured i.e. for another team member.

The Roadmapping and user feedback enhancements will be in next documents.

Statistics
0 Favorited
0 Files
0 Shares
0 Downloads

Tags and Keywords

Comments

Jun 06, 2018 09:52 AM

Thank you – for some reason, I did not get this announcement.  This is good news.

Dale

Jun 06, 2018 09:42 AM

Hi Dale,

Its already GA. Here is the announcement General Availability Announcement for CA PPM 15.4.1 Service Pack 

Regards

Suman Pramanik 

Jun 06, 2018 09:16 AM

Any word on GA release date?  Had heard ‘soon’ and ‘early June’ (along with the required safe harbor statements).  We predict starting our 15.4.x upgrade soon, with the intent of using the latest version available (that’s my own safe harbor statement…..    ).

Dale

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.