DX Application Performance Management

View Only

Monitoring Service Desk 

Aug 19, 2015 01:03 PM

This document by Hallett_German describes how you can monitor CA Service Desk (Manager) with CA CEM. It may also work with agent-only recording or URL groups if you don't have CEM.

Statistics
0 Favorited
1 Files
0 Shares
9 Downloads
Attachment(s)
doc file
Monitoring Service Desk .doc   92 KB   1 version
Uploaded - May 29, 2019

Tags and Keywords

Comments

Nov 24, 2015 09:08 AM

Hi Ajit:

I looked at the Service Desk templates that I had and they are set up like above. The way presented in the Tech Note has been successful in the past. If that is not working, then perhaps contact Professional Services for suggestions.

Thanks

Hal German

Nov 23, 2015 11:25 PM

Hi Hal,

I  need to understand instead of

<PDM_IF "$prop.initial_load" == "">

<frame src="$cgi?OP=JUST_GRONK_IT+SID=$SESSION.SID+FID=5+HTMPL=home.htmpl&USERNAME=$cst.userid" name=cai_main marginheight=0 marginwidth=0 frameborder=1 title="Main">

can i make changes to /pdmweb.exe?OP=DISPLAY_FORM+SID=1352147695+FID=123+HTMPL=home.htmpl line? on the templates?

as first one is not at-all getting recorded in the recording session.

Nov 23, 2015 09:43 AM

Since I do not have access to Service Desk test environment, I am not sure if the document is current. Typically the Professional Services group does these implementations. So they would be the best source to help resolve this

Thanks

Hal German

Nov 23, 2015 08:54 AM

Hi Guenter,

I tried the above steps, but i dont see any username coming along with transactions.

the changes which we have as per the documents for employee and analyst page, the same url is not appearing in the recording.

eg.

<PDM_IF "$prop.initial_load" == "">

<frame src="$cgi?OP=JUST_GRONK_IT+SID=$SESSION.SID+FID=5+HTMPL=home.htmpl&USERNAME=$cst.userid" name=cai_main marginheight=0 marginwidth=0 frameborder=1 title="Main">

this we dont see in the recordings outcome, what we see the other statement related to home.htmpl as

/pdmweb.exe?OP=DISPLAY_FORM+SID=1352147695+FID=123+HTMPL=home.htmpl

what's wrong here, unable to find it. can you please help me on this

Aug 20, 2015 07:33 AM

Excellent Document!

It helped me a lot. Resolved my monitoring SDM / APM

Thanks!

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.