Symantec Privileged Access Management

View Only

Tech Tip:  Blank Certificate List When Trying to Login to a Windows Server With a Smart Card 

Jun 09, 2017 04:21 PM

A customer opened a ticket because they were seeing a blank list where the certificates on the Smart Card should have been seen.  I reproduced the problem in house.  At Engineering's recommendation, I upgraded ActivClient, from 6.2.0.50 to 6.2.0.198.  After doing this I still saw a blank list when I connected to the Windows server, and clicked the Smart Card button.  I clicked the Login Form button.  After the login page appeared, I clicked the Switch User button.  The next screen that appeared showed me 2 buttons, one to select Other User and the second to select the certificate to be used for the Smart Card login.  I clicked the certificate button and was prompted for the Smart Card's pin.  I entered the pin and was logged into the server.  You can see the sequence below.  I will open a defect with Engineering to ask about the blank list, but at least logging in with the Smart Card was possible.

Statistics
0 Favorited
0 Files
0 Shares
0 Downloads

Tags and Keywords

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.