CA Service Management

View Only

"Another User updated this record after it was loaded"  error while deleting an existing asset thru ITPAM workflow using APM Web Services 

Aug 27, 2015 01:38 PM

Summary:

Deleting an existing asset thru ITPAM workflow using APM Web Services will result in the error message: "Another User updated this record after it was loaded".  However, the delete method is successful when deleting a copied asset.

Solution:

ITAM will not allow you to delete an asset without providing the version number. When a new asset is created from the web service, it assumes the version null as version 0 and allows the delete. But for any other version, the concurrency check will stop the asset from getting delete.

You can do one of the following:

a.   Do an asset search on asset id and asset family and retrieve the corresponding version number and then delete the asset

Or

b.      If you know the version of an asset, you must assign it to your asset object manually and then delete

Statistics
0 Favorited
0 Files
0 Shares
0 Downloads

Tags and Keywords

Comments

Sep 09, 2015 08:51 AM

Mohamed.Are you receiving this  error message while calling  ITAM web services thru ITPAM workflow?

Aug 30, 2015 07:27 AM

Hello,

I am getting the same error whenever i try to update an asset detail & save.

I couldn't find any information that can help to fix this error, currently there is no WF configured to updated assets.

The mdb is shared with SDM & those assets i am trying to update were loaded into SDM before.

Regards,

Mohamed...

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.