DX Infrastructure Management

View Only

Device Certification Deployer (DCD 1.1) for SNMP Collector Generally Available 

Oct 06, 2016 03:49 PM

Device Certification Deployer (DCD 1.1) for SNMP Collector Generally Available

CA is pleased to announce our first general release of our new Device Certification Deployer, or DCD, for SNMP Collector.  Starting with DCD 1.1, CA UIM customers no longer need to receive all of new SNMP device certification via a new SNMP Collector release.  Instead, the Unified Device Cert team is now delivering new and updated SNMP device certs via the Device Certification Deployer (DCD 1.1 out now) which is compatible with SNMP  Collector 3.2 and up.  The DCD release stream will offer a simple and more expedient way to get support to monitor and manage more SNMP device models.

Please read on for more information about the new Device Certification Deployer for SNMP Collector.

-Margaret Natario, CA Product Management

More Information

Where can I read more about DCD 1.1?
Read more about the Device Certification Deployer, including a list of newly supported device models and enhanced certifications at our SNMP Collector Vendor Certifications page.

How do I apply DCD 1.1 to SNMP Collector 3.2? Find instructions for deploying DCD 1.1 to SNMP Collector 3.2 here: device_certification_deployer

How do I request new certification of my SNMP device for a future DCD release?

In order to request a new device cert, all one needs to do is to provide a complete SNMP walk (using SAPro) from the device model that will need to be monitored as configured and the manufacturer's MIB file along with any specific OID, statistic, or metric requirement info via a new SNMP Collector Support ticket.  Support opens the request for development in the next available DCD release.

Statistics
0 Favorited
0 Files
0 Shares
0 Downloads

Tags and Keywords

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.