Workload Automation

View Only

Transcript Office Hours: CA Workload Automation AutoSys Edition (AE) [Dec. 10th] 

Dec 10, 2015 11:28 AM

Lenn Thompson (CA) :  

@Chris and @Edwin: Thanks for joining us stoday. Do you have any questions for our AE team?

Edwin Daniel :  

As of now., no crotical issues other than EEM reporting utility. It is being attended by Kishore.

Chris Kent :        

@Lenn - Thanks.  I do.  We are load balancing WCC on 11.4 with the apache software and we would like to use a internal cert authority, instead of using self signed.  Is the approach different when using the apache load balancer?

Lenn Thompson (CA) :   

@Renate:  Good morning. Do you have some questions for our AE team?

karthick :           

can i ask question related to CA7 tool here ?

Michael Woods :            

@Chris - the approach is similar, but there are a couple of different steps to get the certificate.  The WCC implementation guide has the exact steps.

Joseph Neumann :          

@Chris - I am checking on the use of the Apache Load balancer. Will report back findings.

Lenn Thompson (CA) :   

@Karthik: We don't have much (if any) CA 7 expertise on the chat today, so it may be better to ask it in the community.

Chris Kent :        

@Joseph - Thanks

karthick :           

thanks !!1

Chris Kent :        

On 11.3.6.3, 11.4 WCC - The reporting tab, is there functionality on exporting those reports on a scheduled basis?  If not, is this being reviewed?

Lee Peterson :  

@Chris  - it kinda depends

Chris Kent :        

@Lee - Depends on???

Lee Peterson :  

@Chris - if you're looking for statistical data, there is an autoaggr command which you can run and output to csv

Michael Woods :            

@Chris - There is no way to schedule the reports  WCC currently. This is already been brought up to product management who are reviewing options.  

Lee Peterson :  

@Chris - that can be executed via job, and therefore scheduled.   As Mike points out though, the WCC doe snot have the ability to do this.

Michael Woods :            

@Chris - + Lee's response

Chris Kent :        

@Lee - That is what that file is for, I had wondered what that is for.

renate edwards :            

Thanks Lenn,  I just come everytime and check in.  I deal mostly with CA7 but I always read the first few questions in case they are interesting and then go if there is nothing here for me.

Chris Kent :        

@Micheal - Thanks

Lenn Thompson (CA) :   

@Renate: I've noticed! Thanks for checking in. Very much appreciated.

Chris Kent :        

One more - Has there ever been issues with the command sponsor when more than one instance is installed on the AE machine (same platform as previous questions)?

Peterson :          

@Chris - the dependency is really on what kind of reporting data you are looking for.   Check out the autoaggr command, it will provide various statistics, but not to the extent you may see in WCC or user customized reporting.

Chris Kent :        

@Lee - Thanks, much appreciated!

Mark Warren :  

@renate - Please ask away or just send me a mail.

Lee Peterson :  

@Chris - sometimes the command sponsor may not get configured properly.   There is a process whereby an instance is added to the command sponsor.   I've seen cases, long ago, where that process failed.

Michael Woods :            

@Chris - There is a instance mapping file that sources the environemnt based on the AUTOSERV in the configuration.

Michael Woods :            

@Chris - so, it works as long as the configuration is correct.

Lee Peterson :  

@Chris - in those situations, you will see command sponsor support for one instance, while not another.   I've also seen where umask created problems for startup with the command sponsor

Chris Kent :        

@Lee - umask?

Lee Peterson :  

@Chris - yes, on unix you have a umask setting which changes the default security mode on files.   Out of the box, this is typically 022, but sometimes customers will change it to become more restrictive.  (also applies to linux)

Chris Kent :        

@Lee - I thought so, we are the tiny minority on Windows

Lee Peterson :  

@Chris - I need to pay more attention

Lee Peterson :  

@Chris - just keep that in your hat for when you guys go to Linux

Lee Peterson :  

@Chris -

Chris Kent :        

@Lee - Don't think that is happening anytime soon, liken it to a red solo cup...

Lee Peterson :  

@Chris - awesome, take your time

renate edwards :            

Thanks Mark,  I'm fixing to open a ticket.  I did something to our database and there are 4 dataset errors when we run our reports. I just finished creating the dump.

Chris Kent :        

Thanks all for the input.

Lee Peterson :  

@Chris - no problem, thanks for the participation and the opportunity.

Lenn Thompson (CA) :   

Are there any other questions for our AE experts?

Joseph Neumann :          

@Chris - Working with Mike I found the Apache loadbalancing info is in WCC Implenetation Guide - page 43 "Install and Configure Apache HTTPD Service for Load Balancing"

Chris Pace :       

Has anyone made the jump to WCC 11.4 sp2?

Lee Peterson : 

@Chris Pace - we have several who have

Michael Woods :            

@Chris - Yes, I worked with a client last week to upgrade.  No issues on the upgrade  11.4 SP1

Lee Peterson :  

@Chris Pace - any questions or concerns that you have in mind?

Joseph Neumann :          

@Chris, - Yes, it is being used in production by a number of customers and is being evalutaed the a number of others.

Chris Pace :       

I was just looking for some hands on thoughts. I am at 11.3.6, and am having problems Validating with AE, because WCC is not at the latest....

Chris Pace :       

I'm still deciding if sp1 or sp2 would be my best jump.

Michael Woods :            

@Chris - SP2 would have the latest maintenance

Chris Pace :       

but the least field testing.

Lee Peterson :  

@Chris Pace - Sp2, as it has more fixes, and is current code - just as a best practice in terms of maintenance.   Same effort, better result.  Another thing to consider is the sp3 for AutoSys, which will also have some complementary fixes, including app server performance

Lee Peterson :  

@Crhis Pace - sp3 = 11.3.6 sp3

Chris Pace :       

@Lee that is the issue, I upgraded AE, but now WCC doesn't recognize that version.

Chris Pace :       

I understand the latest and greatest idea, but my concern is that 11.4 sp2 hasn't been out very long...

Michael Woods :            

@Chris - The decision is up to you, but any problems found in SP1 would be fixed in SP2.

Lenn Thompson (CA) :   

Okay, everyone. That's a wrap. Thanks for joining us today. We'll get the transcript posted in the community today.

Lee Peterson :  

@everyone - take care.

Statistics
0 Favorited
0 Files
0 Shares
0 Downloads

Tags and Keywords

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.