DX Application Performance Management

View Only

IIB 10 Extension Documentation 

May 19, 2016 01:34 PM

This document describes how the IIB 10 extension helps monitor IBM Integration Bus v10 (previously known as WebSphere Message Broker). Both Queue Manager and IIB can be monitored together.

The extension is a supported field pack. You can request it from CA Support and open support cases like it was shipped with the product.

Statistics
0 Favorited
1 Files
0 Shares
8 Downloads
Attachment(s)
pdf file
IIB10-Help.pdf   398 KB   1 version
Uploaded - May 29, 2019

Tags and Keywords

Comments

Jan 04, 2018 07:06 PM

They just didn't bother to update the file. The agent code was updated. I believe we had a community discussion about this a few months ago where the developer had talked about the updates to the extension to fix bugs and enhancements.

Jan 04, 2018 03:44 PM

Hi Hiko,

The compatibility guide shows the Field pack is compatible with APM 10.3.x onwards for Win2012. However we are using IIB on Linux, and support said it was compatible on Linux. So not sure how updated the compatibility guide is. However the agent file within the fieldpack from market place, seem to be based on APM agent version 9.7 based on the comment section in the beginning of the profile files  for e.g. the IntroscopeAgent.profile file still uses the old format for the EM connection etc. The MBMonitor_10.profile file shows version 9.7. Hence my question. Below is an excerpt from the profile file

########################################################################
#                                                                     
# CA Wily Introscope(R)
# PowerPack for WebSphere MQ Connectors and Messaging System(R)
#
# Version: 9.7.0.27
# Build: 27
#                                                                 
# CA Wily Introscope(R) Version 9.7.0 Build 27
# Copyright (c) 2014 CA. All Rights Reserved.
# Introscope(R) is a registered trademark of CA.     
#                                                                 
# Introscope AutoProbe and Agent Configuration
#                       
########################################################################

#################################
# Enterprise Manager Locations and Names
# (names defined in this section are only used in the
# introscope.agent.enterprisemanager.connectionorder property)
#
# ================
# Settings the Introscope Agent uses to find the Enterprise Manager
# and names given to host and port combinations.

introscope.agent.enterprisemanager.transport.tcp.host.DEFAULT=dlgsmrmomam110.r1-core.r1.aig.net
introscope.agent.enterprisemanager.transport.tcp.port.DEFAULT=5001
introscope.agent.enterprisemanager.transport.tcp.socketfactory.DEFAULT=com.wily.isengard.postofficehub.link.net.DefaultSocketFactory

When I look under the newer MQ Monitor for MQ powerpack I see things are updated.  Not sure if I should be concerned with the agent being 9.7 but I would like to avoid an update in the near future since all our agents are on v10.x. 

if it has to be this 9.7 based agent then we will proceed with it but I had to ask. :-)

Thanks,

Samira

Jan 04, 2018 03:03 PM

Please refer to the compatibility guide for version support. The IIB V10 was written for APM 10 if my memory serves.

Jan 04, 2018 02:15 PM

Hello,

Thank you for the fieldpack for IIB. We have a very critical application that uses IIB and we are looking to using APM to monitor it.  I downloaded the fieldpack for IIB 10,  and it seems to be based on agent version 9.7. Do you have the fieldpack available for APM version 10.5? I also have a question on the configuration steps.  Can you please confirm that the only part to reference in the APM MQ powerpack documentation is the what is on the below link, starting at the section for " Set Security  requirements"?  

https://docops.ca.com/ca-apm/10-5/en/extending/ibm-websphere-mq/configure-mq-agent#ConfigureMQAgent-SetSecurityRequirementstoMonitoranMQobject

Thanks for your time and help.

Thanks,

Samira

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.