Jun 10, 2016 11:01 AM

from Kristen Palazzolo (CA) to Everyone:

Hi! Welcome!

We'll get started in a couple minutes.

Let's get started!

Hi everyone - my name is Kristen Palazzolo and am the Community Manager for CA Security.

from Steven McCullar to Everyone:

Hi @Bill Alger

Today's Office Hours sessions covers CA Privileged Identity Manager, CA Privileged Access Manager (formerly XSuite by Xceedium) and CA Shared Account Manager.

If you've got a question - any question - about one of these products, ask away right here in the chat window.

Please RT to invite others to join -> https://twitter.com/CA_Community/status/741267513464508417

@Bill Hi there! Thanks for joining today!

@Bill Do you have a question for our product team?

@Santiago Hi! Thanks for joining today!

from Bill Alger to Everyone:

@Kristen Not really. I was hoping to see what problems others are running into and learn from them. My only item would be an enhancement that would not go through this channel.

@Bill - Are you referring to this idea? https://communities.ca.com/ideas/235729583

from santiago to Everyone:

Even if it is probably a question on another product, let me know if our identity management solutions can solve a problem of management of digital certificates that will be used to encrypt PDFs client files.

In the past we had a solution called signfort but was discontinued.

Actually it is a different one. Control Minder can do HIPS/HIDS functions easily. Itcan also do some FIM functions that are required for PCI, FFIEC, SOX, and GLBA.

@Bill - If you have a new idea, please submit it in the Community and we will review it.

I will.

from Shahn Soomro (CA) to Everyone:

@Santiago..you are correct..signFort was discontinued ..and presently we do not have a solution/product that addresses the Certificate Management functionality

@Bill, what is the idea?

@Santiago - We're looking for new solution ideas in the Innovation Exchange which is being run by our CTO, Otto Berkes. Please post your idea here: https://communities.ca.com/community/innovation-exchange

thanks

So PIM can do HIPS/HIDS really well. It does some FIM functions that are required for PCI, FFIEC, SOX, GLBA, etc. The one thing needed in FIM that it doesn't do is report what changed within the file.

What I would like to see is a function where, if you set up a file monitor for FIM, build in an option backup function for text files, and have it do a side by side diff of the files.

When a file changes, you can not only see the sha, hash, permission changes, but now can see what they changed.

@Bill, got it thanks

This could replace much of the FIM functions Tripwire does and place this tool into a new market share.

@Steven. Thanks.

returning to PAM, is there a best practice or recommendation for the minimal architecture design (2 gateways as example) for when the customer want a hybrid implementation,

It´s say when the regular admin access directly to servers but other user (like 3rd partys) need access, but does it thru PAM,

I thinking in small customers. 

@Santiago.. The scenario you describe can be implemeted easily by having two different policies. Where regular admins group is given access to accounts passwords via PVP and external admins are provided federated SSO (without sharing password). Does that address your scenario

@Santiago.. in the above solution.. regular admins can go directly to endpoint after checking out password from PAM.. but they still have to get password frm credential vault ..because we are securing it there.

Ok, so now I understand.

Some customers are worried because PAM becomes a single point of failure, but being small businesses consider scenarios that do not involve several gateways.

We understand that it is not ideal, but I wanted to know his position.

So, we could put HA for the vault without need severals getaways,

That is possible?

@ Santiago.. PAM provides SUPERB high availability with built-inactive/active clustering, in place backup/restore etc so even with just two appliances you can created a VERY highly available system, that is one of the key advantage you have with us vs. the competetion. 

10 minutes left! Get your final questions in now!

Thank you for joining Office Hours today!

See you again next month. I'll be posting the date and time in the CA Security Community soon.

Statistics
0 Favorited
0 Files
0 Shares
0 Downloads

Tags and Keywords

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.