Workload Automation

View Only

[TRANSCRIPT] CA Workload Automation AE (AutoSys) – June 14, 2018 

Jun 19, 2018 10:40 AM

from Lenn Thompson (CA) to Everyone:

@Len @Eric Good morning and thanks for joining us. Do you have any questions we can help you with?

from Len Mack to Everyone:

Morning, is there any talk of a cloud services agent specifically, something that would integrate to the big cloud vendors?

from Dan Shannon (CA) to Everyone:

@Len Right now our focus is on providing a generic solution that will work with all the cloud providers. We will look at vendor specific needs as this evolves. Please attend the Sprint Review when possible to see this functionality evolve.

If you haven't already registered for the Sprint Reviews, please do so at validate.ca.com

from Len Mack to Everyone:

Good deal, is that the same sprint review that has been focusing on the API interface to ESP?

@Len Each product has its own Sprint Reviews. ESP has not actually started to consume the new web service work that being implemented. As they do, they will present that. AutoSys has already begun this work.

from Jim Spath to Everyone:

<sorry I'm late!>

@Jim Thanks for joining us.

@Jim no problem. There's still time for you to ask questions

OK, great.  I've submitted topics to speak on at CA World and just need to add the "lessons to be learned" parts.  Thanks, Dan for yoru feedback!

@Jim Thrilled to hear that you're submitting for CFS. That's great. I'm hoping to get to CA World myself this year. Would be great to meet you.

@Jim I'm glad to know you would like to present. I'm positive many people can benefit from all your experience

I'm happy the conference is not in LV.

@Jim it's good to change it up. Unfortunately, there is no single location that works for everyone

On topic here for WAAE - I've installed 11.3.6 SP7 and not gotten everything working yet (my availability not bugs)

I need to set up the web piece for agent inventory, but am unsure where to start.  Are there links to docs or blogs on that  component?

@Jim Let us know if we can help

@Jim I'll send you some links on the DocOps site

@Jim The web services component is pretty simple. I know you won't have any problems once pointed in the right direction.

Great.  I stalled partway through WCC set up as I need to request certs.  Not my usual area.

@Jim Many customers struggle with certs. You're not alone. Despite we've documented this, there just seems to be a level of uncomfortableness about managing these.

Similarly, I'm trying to document the moving parts by including process names and ports.  Both csampmux and the web services ended up as standalone boxes unconnected to the rest of the landscape.  That's when I krew I didn't know.

I have EEM with proper internal certs <pats self on back>. :-)

@Jim csampmux (SSA) is not used by the web server. It only uses the HTTP/S protocol and does not communicated to the app server. It talks directly to the DB

@Jim Congrats on the self-signed certs. That is an accomplishment :-)

Dan - I can send you my Visio.  SSA is on the right and web services on the left.  Both are disconnected as I wasn't sure where the wires go.

@Jim Sounds good. I'd be happy to review and provide feedback.

@Dan - good thanks!

@Everyone: Are there any other questions for Dan?

Next topic - I am posting a question on the Service Now site (hence my being late) asking about catalog items for timezones and calendars.  I think I can link it to a question on the CA site.  It relates to change control, for example, limiting which timezones may be added to jobs.

@Jim Check out https://docops.ca.com/ca-workload-automation-ae/11-4-2/en/reference/ae-web-services

@Dan - will do.

@Jim I'm not overly familiar with ServiceNow. Let us know if you have challenges with it as it relates to AutoSys. We do have people that are pretty familar with it

Question is "under moderation" - I will share the link once approved.  I thought I'd put a cross-link on the CA site also.

@Jim sounds good. thanks

anything interesting underway in your environments you would care to share?

anyone adopting SaaS/PaaS or container based applications?

@Everyone: Thanks for joining. We're going to wrap things up for today. Have a great day.

Statistics
0 Favorited
0 Files
0 Shares
0 Downloads

Tags and Keywords

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.