Release Automation

View Only

Where to download Release Automation official patches? 

Nov 04, 2014 06:10 AM

Note: This is generic process and can be followed to download official patches for all Release Automation GA release.

HF1.png

HF2.png

HF3.png

HF4.png

Statistics
0 Favorited
0 Files
0 Shares
0 Downloads

Tags and Keywords

Comments

Jul 16, 2015 09:56 AM

Hi Chip,

The fact that you can get to the product page suggests that you're licensed. I have sometimes had the same problem as what you have shown above in the screenshot above. When you don't see Solutions & Patches under recommended reading then it is because the system doesn't seem to think you're logged in - even though in the upper right corner it says: Welcome... and Log out. The way I would get around this is to Log out and Login. The system also seems to get confused during the process of Log out and Login - but eventually it will bring you back into the system and show the Solutions & Patches link. I had this problem for a few months but haven't seen it since the new login page (a page instead of a pop up) that has been available for the past month. If you're not seeing the screen below for logging in then maybe clear your browser cache and try again.

Regards,

Gregg

Jul 16, 2015 04:57 AM

Hi Guys,

I verified everything and it work seamless, with a constraint which as mentioned by Yas. What you see in your search results and listing are governed by associated permissions with your site Id and then with your login details. So if you are facing any problem with that I will request to reach to CA customer support to give proper access grant. They will be able to verify your site details and will be able to resolve the problem.

Thanks,

Saurabh

Jul 16, 2015 04:43 AM

Hello,

Here is my view.

I logged out and tried to show same page. It is same as your screen.

Product Status and Knowledge Base Articles are public page. But, Solutions & Patches page is locked. It seems your account doesn't have access privilege.

If you have contract of RA with your Site ID, you should open new case and fix your account.

Thanks

Yas

Jul 16, 2015 04:36 AM

I just used the first option and did find it, but I had the "all" tab selected and just searched for "solution patches" and it simply returned one result, which is the one from the main post

here is the direkt link to patch page: CA Release Automation Solutions & Patches - CA Technologies

Jul 16, 2015 03:34 AM

I'm still not finding it.  I tried using the third option Gregg_Stewart and Archer_Berryman suggested.  But it still doesn't show up.

When I go to the Product Page, I get this:

If I select documentation, which is where "Recommended Reading" is supposed to live, I get:

So can someone show me where on these pages are the patches?  Folks, I don't mean to seem stupid, but.......

Jul 15, 2015 01:41 PM

I typically go through the product page and use the link in the Recommended Reading section. I will add a direct link to this page in the product documentation to provide a persistent reference. We are also looking to build more information about RA patch releases into the wiki docs, so be on the lookout for that.

Jul 15, 2015 12:56 PM

I just tried this and didn't see the same screens described in the first option. For the 2nd option I had a slew of options. But just as I was about to describe a third way I went ahead and tried a variation of option 2. Originally I was only typing "CA Release Automation Solutions & Patches" in the Find It field. This returned many results - none of them the ones that I want. But then I tried doing what the screenshot above shows which is:

1. Type in "CA Release Automation" into the "Optionally tailor your experience to a specific product" field.
  2. Type in "CA Release Automation Solutions & Patches" into the Find It field. Then search.

This produced a much smaller result set with the first link being the link I wanted.

The third option is to:

1. Login to support.ca.com

2. Type in "CA Release Automation" into the "Optionally tailor your experience to a specific product" field.

3. Bring your mouse over the Knowledge Center and click on "Product Pages"

4. On the product page that loads you'll see a section "Recommended Reading" that has a link below it for "CA Release Automation Solutions & Patches".

Jul 15, 2015 10:27 AM

Has anybody actually tried this?  I get solutions and patches for hundreds of products, but nothing for RA.....

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.