Workload Automation

View Only

CA 7 Technical Tips 

Mar 08, 2017 09:33 AM

There are various ways to temporarily keep jobs from scheduling for a period of time in CA 7.  You can use the DON’T SCHEDULE BEFORE/AFTER fields on the DB.1 screen to accomplish this.  An interesting feature of this is that if the AFTER date/time is before the BEFORE date/time the job will not schedule for the inclusive dates.  In other words, if you want to not run a job between April 1st and April 15th of 2017, you would have: 

DONT SCHEDULE -- BEFORE: 17105 0000  AFTER: 17091 0000

You can also use # statements in the JCL to mark a job non-executable during a time range.  After the job statement in the JCL (you can put this anywhere in the JCL, but I suggest right after the job statement so it is easy to find and see):

#JI,BD=17091,ED=17105

#NOX

#JEND                         

Also, a reminder that this weekend is SPRING FORWARD…set your clocks ahead one hour before you go to bed Saturday night (March 11) and you will be on time for your Sunday activities.  There is a technical document available from Support Online, TEC1786752, which gives information on possible CA 7 job requirement considerations when resetting the CPU clock time.

Editorial Comment:  I HATE losing this hour of sleep—I seem to lose it every night for a long time.  As my Grandma used to say, “Daylight Savings time is like cutting the bottom half of the blanket off and sewing it to the top to make the blanket longer” (hehehe ??)

Anyway, lost sleep or not, have a GREAT WEEK!

Marysue

Statistics
0 Favorited
0 Files
0 Shares
0 Downloads

Tags and Keywords

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.