Symantec Privileged Access Management

View Only

Chat Transcript: Office Hours for CA Privileged Access Management [SEPTEMBER 2016] 

Sep 20, 2016 12:58 PM

from Kristen Palazzolo (CA) to Everyone:
Hi Dean! Thanks for joining today!
from Dean Olson to Everyone:
Good Morning!
Hi Eduard!
Hi Stephen!
Hi Bill!
Thanks for joining everyone!
We'll get started in a couple minutes.
from Eduard Palomeras to Everyone:
Hi Kristen!
Alright - let's get started!
If you're new to Office Hours, there is no audio. All conversation happens right here in the chat window.
Today's session coveres CA Privileged Access Manager (formerly XSuite), CA Privileged Access Manager Server Control (formerly PIM/ControlMinder) and CA Shared Account Manager.
covers*
Is there any plan to create a graphical workflow designer?
Is there any plan to expose a SDK to create custom connectors?
from Michael Dullea to Everyone:
Hi @Eduard - I assume you are referring to CA Privileged Access Manager? No specific plans to add a graphical workflow designer at this time, however we do intend to make some improvements on our credential workflow capabilities.
thanks Mike!
Any other questions for our team out there?
from Mustapha Benmahbous to Everyone:
in A2A Developper guide, the C#.NET example is based on Java servlet which requires a Java Container. My customer does not have Java skilled people, what would be the alternate.
Hi @Eduard - One other thing to mention is that in PAM 2.7 we introduced integration with service desk ticketing systems for ticket validation (i.e. CA Service Desk Manager, BMC Remedy, ServiceNow, HP Service Desk Manager etc.) so customers can incorporate PAM into their service desk workflows.
Hi @Eduard - One of the items we are considering for a future release is to introduce a new target connector framework that will enable us to introduce new connectors quickly...and potentially extend it to customers to create custom connectors.
thanks Mike!
from Jeff Parker (CA) to Everyone:
You can call the A2A client via command line/system call. Will that work?
@Mustapha - See Jeff's reply above.
Yes
thanks
from vasu to Everyone:
We had one requirement which requires setting a single password for the backup user created over multi target system for which we raised an idea also. If there any plan to add such functionality, setting single password for multiple target.
@Mustapha, PERL syntax, but a good example; my $cmd= $ENV{'CSPM_CLIENT_HOME'}."/cspmclient/bin/cspmclient " . $alias . " " . $bypassCache . " -x";
the customer is 100 % Microsoft shop.
the example is Linux based
from Shahn Soomro (CA) to Everyone:
@Vasu, you should be able to meet that requirement easily in a couple of different ways. One would be to create a group of the account that require same password and assign a password policy to the group that generate a single password .. other will be to manually assign a single password to a group of accounts..
@Mustapha, this is from a PERL script on Windows
@Vasu, I would no recommend the second method.. but its doable
from vasu to Everyone:
Thanks
Thanks. I will explore the PERL scripts method then.
@Mustapha, it is just an example of calling the CLI to get credentials. No need for PERL, no need for an API, and laguage, just do a system call.
[PIM] How to enable additional logging for Java SDK and CAJDBC for password consumers -> https://communities.ca.com/docs/DOC-231170006
Tech Tip - CA Privileged Access Manager: Scheduling Database Backup https://communities.ca.com/docs/DOC-231169876
Is there a plan to export all PAM logs into a sys log server ?
PAM exports logs to SPLUNK, and 2 syslog destinations.
@Mustapha.. ALL PAM administrative/user operation logs can be forwarded to one or more syslog servers... not sure what you question means there. Only logs that are not forwarded to syslog are the Tomcat logs which show mostly system/ui related messages
@Mustapha, Config, logs, syslog settings. 2 server limit.
thank you
@Mustapha, I posted a screenshot on the communities site.
@Mustapha - Here's the link: https://communities.ca.com/events/3160?commentID=233944615#comment-233944615
15 minutes left! Get your final questions in now!
@Vasu... on review I realized I mentioed assigning password composition policy to groups .. in fact it is assigned to "Applications".. so if your users are part of same "Application" you an assign them a common password composition policy that will give them same password.
Ok - that's all the time we have for today! Join us again next month for another session of CA PAM Office Hours. I will be posting the chat transcript from today's session to the CA Security Community later today: https://communities.ca.com/community/ca-security

Statistics
0 Favorited
0 Files
0 Shares
0 Downloads

Tags and Keywords

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.