Continuous Delivery Director

View Only

CA Release Automation CDE User Management Settings 

Aug 02, 2016 03:18 AM

One of the new features that include in RA CDE v6.2 is LDAP integration for user authentication.

The attached document will provide guidance how to configure the system for LDAP integration.

Statistics
0 Favorited
1 Files
0 Shares
1 Downloads
Attachment(s)
pdf file
CA-Release-Automation-CDE-User-Management-SettingsV1.1.pdf   700 KB   1 version
Uploaded - May 29, 2019

Tags and Keywords

Comments

Jan 16, 2017 01:32 AM

Ok, let's see what Gil can say about this, but thanks a lot for your help Jacky, much appreciated

Jan 15, 2017 04:39 AM

I don't think it is currently design to work with multiple Microsoft active directory domains.

Need blegi01 input on this.

Jacky  

Jan 13, 2017 02:28 AM

How can I confgiure multiple domains or that sub-tree search is included? seems like it is only working with a flat search, because when I enter the highest domain, I can't find any group, that is within a subdomain

Jan 13, 2017 02:15 AM

welp...got it...I was trying to login with my mail adress, but it seems like, this doesn't work. What I needed to do was use my sAMAccountname, then the login worked.

This is counter-intuitive as on the log-in page it does say "E-Mail" and I also can see the mail adress of my user in the user management.

I've set the "Unique user ID" to the sAMAccountName...is this attribute one used for the login?

Jan 12, 2017 09:25 AM

nope, log also just says "Bad credentials".

I did the mapping manually, but when I import the user, first and last name as well as mail adresse are listed correct in the user list

Jan 12, 2017 09:21 AM

any additional information in the cdd-server.log?

When configuring the system to work with AD for the first time the attributes mapping automatically configured to the correct values.

Can you verify all mapping is setup correctly ?

Jan 12, 2017 09:16 AM

I currently don't know if it is based on Microsoft Active Directory, I would believe so.

When trying to logon with those settings I did get simply "Bad Credentials" but the password should have been correct, so I assume the user wasn't found

Jan 12, 2017 09:07 AM

Does your LDAP system is based on Microsoft Action Directory? - if yes you should use the Active Directory settings.

What error you get when trying to login?

Jan 12, 2017 08:53 AM

tried it now with samacountname, objectSid and objectGUID, sadly everytime the same restult.

hm...the user who is connecting to the LDAP should be ok, right? because test connection succeeds and the search for my user does also work. only when clicking on "import" I'm getting the error.

another thing that might be interesting, before I switched to LDAP I also tried "Active Directory" and there I was able to import but the login didn't work, so I thought maybe LDAP is the better way

So basically I'm not even sure if I should go with LDAP or Active Directory :-/ 

Jan 12, 2017 07:55 AM

Not sure that the cn can be use here. You should use different attribute representing unique identifier such as uid sid samaccount etc..

Jan 12, 2017 06:55 AM

I'm currently using LEX for that, it is an LDAP Browser.

That's where I see, that if I select my user, the object is the following: CN=Gebhardt Michael - Munich-MR - external,OU=Users,OU=Loc-Munich-MR,DC=munich,DC=munichre,DC=com

which is why I thought "cn" in the UserDNPattern should be ok? as it was already there as an example. I'm not sure though what the "{0}" does

Jan 12, 2017 06:49 AM

Can you login to your LDAP with other tool (e.g ApacheDirectoryStudio) and see the use attributes?

Jan 12, 2017 06:41 AM

Hi Jacky,

yes, I checked the document, but the error isn't represented. I don't see a "uid" attribute in our ldap, "cn" is in there though. What should be in this field? 

sorry, I'm not that familiar with LDAP, that's why some questions might be stupid or obvious to you

by the way, the error in the log is the following:

2017-01-12 10:51:21.445 [http-nio-8080-exec-18] INFO c.c.r.a.p.RpLDAPAuthenticationProvider - Provider was deactivated
2017-01-12 10:51:21.445 [http-nio-8080-exec-18] INFO c.c.r.a.p.RpLDAPAuthenticationProvider - LDAP Provider was built for server DirectoryServer{hostName='munich.munichre.com', port=389, ssl=false, provider=LDAP, admin=CN=ser-dev-rlsautomagt,OU=ServiceAccounts,OU=OtherUsers,OU=Loc-Munich-Dev,DC=dev,DC=munich,DC=munichre,DC=com, domain=munich.munichre.com, status=CONNECTED}
2017-01-12 10:51:54.165 [http-nio-8080-exec-17] INFO c.c.r.a.impl.UserServiceImpl - User id[3], name[ny30560], first name[Michael], and last name[Gebhardt] was created
2017-01-12 10:51:54.196 [http-nio-8080-exec-17] ERROR c.c.r.c.c.RestControllerAdvice - Unprocessed Continuation Reference(s); nested exception is javax.naming.PartialResultException: Unprocessed Continuation Reference(s); remaining name 'dc=munich,dc=munichre,dc=com' with args [Argument{name='timeStamp', value='1484214714196'}, Argument{name='message', value='Unprocessed Continuation Reference(s); nested exception is javax.naming.PartialResultException: Unprocessed Continuation Reference(s); remaining name 'dc=munich,dc=munichre,dc=com''}]

org.springframework.ldap.PartialResultException: Unprocessed Continuation Reference(s); nested exception is javax.naming.PartialResultException: Unprocessed Continuation Reference(s); remaining name 'dc=munich,dc=munichre,dc=com'
at org.springframework.ldap.support.LdapUtils.convertLdapException(LdapUtils.java:205) ~[spring-ldap-core-1.3.2.RELEASE.jar:1.3.2.RELEASE]
at org.springframework.ldap.core.LdapTemplate.search(LdapTemplate.java:314) ~[spring-ldap-core-1.3.2.RELEASE.jar:1.3.2.RELEASE]
at org.springframework.ldap.core.LdapTemplate.search(LdapTemplate.java:360) ~[spring-ldap-core-1.3.2.RELEASE.jar:1.3.2.RELEASE]
at org.springframework.ldap.core.LdapTemplate.search(LdapTemplate.java:214) ~[spring-ldap-core-1.3.2.RELEASE.jar:1.3.2.RELEASE]
at com.ca.rp.auth.ad.DirectoryServicesUtils.getAllLDAPUsersGroupsDNs(DirectoryServicesUtils.java:331) ~[data-access.jar:na]
at com.ca.rp.auth.ad.DirectoryServicesUtils.getAllUsersGroupsDNs(DirectoryServicesUtils.java:353) ~[data-access.jar:na]
at com.ca.rp.administration.AdministrationUserAppService.createUser(AdministrationUserAppService.java:144) ~[application.jar:na]
at com.ca.rp.administration.AdministrationUserAppService.createUsers(AdministrationUserAppService.java:115) ~[application.jar:na]
at com.ca.rp.administration.AdministrationUserAppService$$FastClassBySpringCGLIB$$40791fe0.invoke(<generated>) ~[application.jar:na]
at org.springframework.cglib.proxy.MethodProxy.invoke(MethodProxy.java:204) ~[spring-core-4.2.6.RELEASE.jar:4.2.6.RELEASE]
at org.springframework.aop.framework.CglibAopProxy$CglibMethodInvocation.invokeJoinpoint(CglibAopProxy.java:720) ~[spring-aop-4.2.6.RELEASE.jar:4.2.6.RELEASE]
at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:157) ~[spring-aop-4.2.6.RELEASE.jar:4.2.6.RELEASE]
at org.springframework.security.access.intercept.aopalliance.MethodSecurityInterceptor.invoke(MethodSecurityInterceptor.java:64) ~[spring-security-core-3.2.6.RELEASE.jar:3.2.6.RELEASE]
at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:179) ~[spring-aop-4.2.6.RELEASE.jar:4.2.6.RELEASE]
at org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor$1.proceedWithInvocation(TransactionInterceptor.java:99) ~[spring-tx-4.2.6.RELEASE.jar:4.2.6.RELEASE]
at org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionAspectSupport.invokeWithinTransaction(TransactionAspectSupport.java:281) ~[spring-tx-4.2.6.RELEASE.jar:4.2.6.RELEASE]
at org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor.invoke(TransactionInterceptor.java:96) ~[spring-tx-4.2.6.RELEASE.jar:4.2.6.RELEASE]
at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:179) ~[spring-aop-4.2.6.RELEASE.jar:4.2.6.RELEASE]
at org.springframework.aop.framework.CglibAopProxy$DynamicAdvisedInterceptor.intercept(CglibAopProxy.java:655) ~[spring-aop-4.2.6.RELEASE.jar:4.2.6.RELEASE]
at com.ca.rp.administration.AdministrationUserAppService$$EnhancerBySpringCGLIB$$d96ccbb6.createUsers(<generated>) ~[application.jar:na]
at com.ca.rp.controllers.administration.UserController.createUsers(UserController.java:48) ~[classes/:na]
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[na:1.8.0_102]
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) ~[na:1.8.0_102]
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[na:1.8.0_102]
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) ~[na:1.8.0_102]
at org.springframework.web.method.support.InvocableHandlerMethod.doInvoke(InvocableHandlerMethod.java:221) ~[spring-web-4.1.7.RELEASE.jar:4.1.7.RELEASE]
at org.springframework.web.method.support.InvocableHandlerMethod.invokeForRequest(InvocableHandlerMethod.java:137) ~[spring-web-4.1.7.RELEASE.jar:4.1.7.RELEASE]
at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.method.annotation.ServletInvocableHandlerMethod.invokeAndHandle(ServletInvocableHandlerMethod.java:110) ~[spring-webmvc-4.1.7.RELEASE.jar:4.1.7.RELEASE]
at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.method.annotation.RequestMappingHandlerAdapter.invokeHandleMethod(RequestMappingHandlerAdapter.java:776) ~[spring-webmvc-4.1.7.RELEASE.jar:4.1.7.RELEASE]
at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.method.annotation.RequestMappingHandlerAdapter.handleInternal(RequestMappingHandlerAdapter.java:705) ~[spring-webmvc-4.1.7.RELEASE.jar:4.1.7.RELEASE]
at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.method.AbstractHandlerMethodAdapter.handle(AbstractHandlerMethodAdapter.java:85) ~[spring-webmvc-4.1.7.RELEASE.jar:4.1.7.RELEASE]
at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doDispatch(DispatcherServlet.java:959) ~[spring-webmvc-4.1.7.RELEASE.jar:4.1.7.RELEASE]
at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doService(DispatcherServlet.java:893) ~[spring-webmvc-4.1.7.RELEASE.jar:4.1.7.RELEASE]
at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.processRequest(FrameworkServlet.java:967) [spring-webmvc-4.1.7.RELEASE.jar:4.1.7.RELEASE]
at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.doPost(FrameworkServlet.java:869) [spring-webmvc-4.1.7.RELEASE.jar:4.1.7.RELEASE]
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:648) [servlet-api.jar:na]
at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.service(FrameworkServlet.java:843) [spring-webmvc-4.1.7.RELEASE.jar:4.1.7.RELEASE]
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:729) [servlet-api.jar:na]
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:230) [catalina.jar:8.5.4]
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:165) [catalina.jar:8.5.4]
at org.apache.tomcat.websocket.server.WsFilter.doFilter(WsFilter.java:52) [tomcat-websocket.jar:8.5.4]
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:192) [catalina.jar:8.5.4]
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:165) [catalina.jar:8.5.4]
at com.ca.rp.webapp.filter.AccessLogFilter.doFilter(AccessLogFilter.java:35) [classes/:na]
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:192) [catalina.jar:8.5.4]
at org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:330) [spring-security-web-3.2.6.RELEASE.jar:3.2.6.RELEASE]
at org.springframework.security.web.access.intercept.FilterSecurityInterceptor.invoke(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java:118) [spring-security-web-3.2.6.RELEASE.jar:3.2.6.RELEASE]
at org.springframework.security.web.access.intercept.FilterSecurityInterceptor.doFilter(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java:84) [spring-security-web-3.2.6.RELEASE.jar:3.2.6.RELEASE]
at org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:342) [spring-security-web-3.2.6.RELEASE.jar:3.2.6.RELEASE]
at org.springframework.security.web.access.ExceptionTranslationFilter.doFilter(ExceptionTranslationFilter.java:113) [spring-security-web-3.2.6.RELEASE.jar:3.2.6.RELEASE]
at org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:342) [spring-security-web-3.2.6.RELEASE.jar:3.2.6.RELEASE]
at org.springframework.security.web.session.SessionManagementFilter.doFilter(SessionManagementFilter.java:103) [spring-security-web-3.2.6.RELEASE.jar:3.2.6.RELEASE]
at org.springframework.security.web.authentication.AnonymousAuthenticationFilter.doFilter(AnonymousAuthenticationFilter.java:113) [spring-security-web-3.2.6.RELEASE.jar:3.2.6.RELEASE]
at org.springframework.security.web.servletapi.SecurityContextHolderAwareRequestFilter.doFilter(SecurityContextHolderAwareRequestFilter.java:154) [spring-security-web-3.2.6.RELEASE.jar:3.2.6.RELEASE]
at org.springframework.security.web.savedrequest.RequestCacheAwareFilter.doFilter(RequestCacheAwareFilter.java:45) [spring-security-web-3.2.6.RELEASE.jar:3.2.6.RELEASE]
at org.springframework.security.web.authentication.www.BasicAuthenticationFilter.doFilter(BasicAuthenticationFilter.java:150) [spring-security-web-3.2.6.RELEASE.jar:3.2.6.RELEASE]
at org.springframework.security.web.authentication.AbstractAuthenticationProcessingFilter.doFilter(AbstractAuthenticationProcessingFilter.java:199) [spring-security-web-3.2.6.RELEASE.jar:3.2.6.RELEASE]
at org.springframework.security.web.authentication.logout.LogoutFilter.doFilter(LogoutFilter.java:110) [spring-security-web-3.2.6.RELEASE.jar:3.2.6.RELEASE]
at org.springframework.security.web.header.HeaderWriterFilter.doFilterInternal(HeaderWriterFilter.java:57) [spring-security-web-3.2.6.RELEASE.jar:3.2.6.RELEASE]
at org.springframework.web.filter.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:107) [spring-web-4.1.7.RELEASE.jar:4.1.7.RELEASE]
at org.springframework.security.web.context.SecurityContextPersistenceFilter.doFilter(SecurityContextPersistenceFilter.java:87) [spring-security-web-3.2.6.RELEASE.jar:3.2.6.RELEASE]
at org.springframework.security.web.context.request.async.WebAsyncManagerIntegrationFilter.doFilterInternal(WebAsyncManagerIntegrationFilter.java:50) [spring-security-web-3.2.6.RELEASE.jar:3.2.6.RELEASE]
at org.springframework.web.filter.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:107) [spring-web-4.1.7.RELEASE.jar:4.1.7.RELEASE]
at org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy.doFilterInternal(FilterChainProxy.java:192) [spring-security-web-3.2.6.RELEASE.jar:3.2.6.RELEASE]
at org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:160) [spring-security-web-3.2.6.RELEASE.jar:3.2.6.RELEASE]
at org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.invokeDelegate(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:344) [spring-web-4.1.7.RELEASE.jar:4.1.7.RELEASE]
at org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.doFilter(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:261) [spring-web-4.1.7.RELEASE.jar:4.1.7.RELEASE]
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:198) [catalina.jar:8.5.4]
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:108) [catalina.jar:8.5.4]
at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:522) [catalina.jar:8.5.4]
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:140) [catalina.jar:8.5.4]
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:79) [catalina.jar:8.5.4]
at org.apache.catalina.valves.AbstractAccessLogValve.invoke(AbstractAccessLogValve.java:620) [catalina.jar:8.5.4]
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:87) [catalina.jar:8.5.4]
at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:349) [catalina.jar:8.5.4]
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.service(Http11Processor.java:1110) [tomcat-coyote.jar:8.5.4]
at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProcessorLight.process(AbstractProcessorLight.java:66) [tomcat-coyote.jar:8.5.4]
at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$ConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:785) [tomcat-coyote.jar:8.5.4]
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioEndpoint$SocketProcessor.doRun(NioEndpoint.java:1425) [tomcat-coyote.jar:8.5.4]
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.SocketProcessorBase.run(SocketProcessorBase.java:49) [tomcat-coyote.jar:8.5.4]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142) [na:1.8.0_102]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617) [na:1.8.0_102]
at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.TaskThread$WrappingRunnable.run(TaskThread.java:61) [tomcat-util.jar:8.5.4]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) [na:1.8.0_102]
Caused by: javax.naming.PartialResultException: Unprocessed Continuation Reference(s)
at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.processReturnCode(LdapCtx.java:2914) ~[na:1.8.0_102]
at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.processReturnCode(LdapCtx.java:2888) ~[na:1.8.0_102]
at com.sun.jndi.ldap.AbstractLdapNamingEnumeration.getNextBatch(AbstractLdapNamingEnumeration.java:148) ~[na:1.8.0_102]
at com.sun.jndi.ldap.AbstractLdapNamingEnumeration.hasMoreImpl(AbstractLdapNamingEnumeration.java:217) ~[na:1.8.0_102]
at com.sun.jndi.ldap.AbstractLdapNamingEnumeration.hasMore(AbstractLdapNamingEnumeration.java:189) ~[na:1.8.0_102]
at org.springframework.ldap.core.LdapTemplate.search(LdapTemplate.java:294) ~[spring-ldap-core-1.3.2.RELEASE.jar:1.3.2.RELEASE]
... 95 common frames omitted

Jan 12, 2017 06:30 AM

Hi Michael 

The cdd-server.log should store in .\cdd\logs folder (during cde setup you choose where .cdd will be create) by default it should be in c:\.cdd on windows OS.

Can you try using uid={0} instead cn={0} in your userDNpattern settings? the value depend on your ldap system attribute (same as the rest of the mapping attributes)

Thanks

Jacky 

Jan 12, 2017 03:44 AM

Hi Jacky_Mahadab,

any idea what might be the problem, when I'm getting the following error, when trying to import a user after setting up the ldap connection:

Error - Unprocessed Continuation Reference(s); nested exception is javax.naming.PartialResultException: Unprocessed Continuation Reference(s); remaining name 'dc=munich,dc=munichre,dc=com'. Please refer to server logs with timestamp [1484209184889].

sadly I also have no idea where those logs are saved, can't really find any with those timestamp on the server.

The config looks like that:

I think the Problem might be the userDN Pattern? 

cn={0},OU=Users,OU=Loc-Munich-MR,DC=munich,DC=munichre,DC=com

although when checking our LDAP with LEX the pattern for a user looks like that:

CN=Gebhardt Michael - Munich-MR - external,OU=Users,OU=Loc-Munich-MR,DC=munich,DC=munichre,DC=com

so the DN pattern should match?

This is tested in 6.2 - 66

best regards

Michael

Aug 02, 2016 07:33 AM

Hi Michael

I updated the document

Thank you

Jacky

Aug 02, 2016 04:32 AM

Hi Jacky,

thanks. I haven't looked into CDE yet, so I don't know how easy those settings are to be found, but I would appreciate if you also include the navigation to the settings in the document, as you first start off with "user credentials" at the moment without any guidance where this is to be set or would this be in the missing(?) "user management settings" chapter?

btw. I like that those settings are included in the UI of CDE, other then with ROC.

best regards

michael

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.