Jun 25, 2014 02:04 AM
Statistics
0 Favorited
1 Files
0 Shares
11 Downloads
Attachment(s)
docx file
TEC520170 - INV 0008- Cannot convert current currency to ....docx   13 KB   1 version
Uploaded - May 29, 2019

Tags and Keywords

Comments

Jul 09, 2014 09:54 AM

Hi guys,

Ran across this thread looking for KB references.  Have any of you checked out the new Search or Support by Product pages?  They both launched the same weekend as the new Communities and are intended to make it easier to find KBs about products.  For example we have been working on surfacing the error messages as a searchable tag to find related KB articles easier.

Thanks,
Sam

Jul 07, 2014 01:08 PM

Agree

NJ

Jul 07, 2014 11:39 AM

Navdeep - where this could come in as an Idea, is a means to provide the user with better information about the error and correcting it.

I believe this is a related idea.  See:  Allow for customizable Error Messages

Many of the error messages from Clarity aren't helpful - yes, the tell a user that something is wrong, but not enough information is transmitted to help the user solve their own problem.  This is unfortunate, as many times, the information is available, somewhere.  A pop-up with a 'show details' or have the error message be a hyperlink, that when clicked on gives more info.  Anything!  Please!

Dale

Jun 26, 2014 03:56 AM

urmas wrote:

How did you learn how to create that email to Clarity discussions?

Nothing clever - it is just the URL that is in my web-browser when I navigate to that page and filter the "contents" by "discussions".

Jun 25, 2014 03:04 PM

Only a devil can read a devil's mind

NJ

Jun 25, 2014 03:02 PM

No email of course, but the URL

I should expect that you get the points when you upload and then removing the content don't remove the points or status.

That was the case in the previous version of the community to my recollection.

Jun 25, 2014 02:58 PM

Which email ?

Jun 25, 2014 02:56 PM

That's tempting

Don't think you saw the conversation with Dave ;-)

Naah, it was just, I was unable to find an area where we used to have the discussions as in the previous (which Dave correctly pointed out) ...

The image is a tempting one, but no

Dunno if you've noticed, but I have removed most of the docs that I had uploaded ... :-), and am in the correct section of the community ;-)

Also, however hard you, me or anyone else tries by these means, at the end of the day, you would see Martti / Dave at the top , 'cause they are simply THE BEST

NJ

Jun 25, 2014 02:46 PM

Don't think you saw the conversation with Dave

Naah, it was just, I was unable to find an area where we used to have the discussions as in the previous (which Dave correctly pointed out) ...

The image is a tempting one, but no

Dunno if you've noticed, but I have removed most of the docs that I had uploaded ... , and am in the correct section of the community

NJ

Jun 25, 2014 02:36 PM

How did you learn how to create that email to Clarity discussions?

Jun 25, 2014 02:12 PM

There could be other sides of the coin as well

Jun 25, 2014 09:57 AM

Aahh... that's what I should have looked for

Thanks Dave

NJ

Jun 25, 2014 07:20 AM

If I recall correctly the community code of conduct talks not posting about copy righted material or material which you cannot access by just logging in to the communities and references to commercial third party materials.

Jun 25, 2014 07:18 AM

A community's content covers a number of things (polls, discussions, ideas, documents, blogs...) but you can filter the content view within the community to just discussions and you will see something similar to the old discussion-boards - ( see Bookmarks/Discussions ).  Go here for example; /community/ca-clarity/content?filterID=contentstatus[published]~objecttype~objecttype[thread]

I still don't understand what reposting KB content has to do with an ideation platform though ; what are you expecting to achieve by this (surely the content just belongs in the KB?).

Jun 25, 2014 07:03 AM

If I look at the new communities forum, it feels more of an ideation platform than what we used to have earlier. So, am trying to share as many kbs as possible, so that the info is readily available. I might be wrong in this approach. Please do let me know if you feel that  

It might also be that I am looking in the wrong area of the community, but a majority of what I see is ideas

Request ur guidance !

Regards

NJ

Sent from my iPhone

Jun 25, 2014 04:44 AM

Hey navzjoshi00 - is there any specific reason that you are posting all these knowledge-base articles in the community?

Bit confused what you are trying to do?

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.