DX NetOps Manager

View Only

SDN Networking:  Innovation Is Happening; Can You Share? 

Mar 05, 2015 05:47 PM

It’s exciting to see CA investing in innovation, and you can help.  We’re building a team to develop network monitoring solutions for the emerging technologies called Software Defined Network (SDN) and Network Functions Virtualization (NFV).  While some organizations have already deployed SDN/NFV software or devices – typically large government agencies, large enterprises and large CSPs – mainstream adoption is around the corner.  There are 2 areas where you can help us with our development:

1.      Tell us about your involvement with SDN:

“At what stage are you at for evaluating or implementing SDN?”

• If ‘we haven’t started’, would 30-45 minutes with our SDN experts be worth your time to understand the technology and our plans to monitor it?
      • This could on-site at your location, via webcast, or at our SDN Center of Excellence in Portsmouth, NH
    • If you are already active with SDN/NFV (evaluating or deployed), can you share any of the following:
      • Where are you implementing SDN – Data Center, LAN or WAN?
      • What hardware vendors are you using or considering for SDN?
      • How are you monitoring your SDN devices?
      • Would 30-45 minutes with our SDN experts be worth your time to understand our plans to monitor it?
        • This could on-site at your location, via webcast, or at our SDN Center of Excellence in Portsmouth, NH

2.    Read our new white paper (attached) “Managing the Software Defined World: Managing You Infrastructure in the Highly Agile World of Software

Defined Networks”.  The paper outlines the challenges that dynamic networks will present, show software-defined networks differ from

traditional networks, and what network monitoring tools will encounter as SDN becomes mainstream. Comments welcome!

Statistics
0 Favorited
1 Files
0 Shares
1 Downloads
Attachment(s)
pdf file
managing-the-software-defined-world.pdf   770 KB   1 version
Uploaded - May 29, 2019

Tags and Keywords

Comments

Mar 12, 2015 11:14 AM

Thanks for responding Lesley.  Please send an email to timothy.diep@ca.com and to me -- steven.guthrie@ca.com.

Mar 11, 2015 08:21 AM

I have a customer who is interested in getting involved.

I have answers to the questions in the original post. Who do I direct them to?

Thanks

Lesley

Mar 06, 2015 08:57 AM

Could also point those interested to the CA Technology Exchange paper on Disruptive Technologies:

Impact of Software-Defined Networking on Infrastructure Management - CA Technologies

Mar 06, 2015 08:35 AM

Steve,  Thank you for sharing this with the community!

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.