Attachment(s)
doc file
HowTo_PutAnyDynamicValueOnAnObject.doc   167 KB   1 version
Uploaded - May 29, 2019

Tags and Keywords

Comments

Jan 29, 2015 09:11 AM

Yep its all good!

I think I'd try to get the links displayed on separate lines rather than as a list - probably just have to play around with the html that you are coding into the lookup....

Jan 29, 2015 09:04 AM

We've found a need to have multiple hyperlinks presented by a single dynamic lookup.  Using a simple test script, below, proved your method works for this, too!

select
  @select:1:DUMMY@
  ,@select:urllink.url:urllink@

from (select '
<a href="https://www.google.com" >Link to Google</a>,
<a href="https://www.google.com" >Link to Google</a>
' url from DUAL) urllink, DUAL

WHERE @FILTER@

Will have more on this once we've implemented our solution.

Jan 12, 2015 01:32 PM

Hi Dave,

Gave it a try.  Works fine!  And, I was able to get it to work for static string, static numeric lookups as well as dynamic lookups.  Therefore, I'm unclear now as to what the Idea raised by Kathryn refers to.  Will have to ask a clarification question there.

Going through your steps vs. those listed on the Idea, perhaps there is a step missing:  Change the field's lookup method from browse to pull-down.  Maybe her idea is that this should work without having to change the lookup method.

Will ask.

Dale

Jan 10, 2015 09:50 AM

I dunno - that linked article says "It works for any 'string' data type attribute, but not for any Lookup Name Value", using the technique that I described returns strings through dynamic lookups (and it is because the string contains a bit of html, the browser builds the link, not Clarity) so I don't interpret that as being the same scenario?

Certainly I use that method to show me URLs in v13.0 just fine and pretty sure I've tested it ok in later versions upto 13.3.

Why not "just try it" (as a test case) in your version to convince yourself that it works/doesn't work?

Jan 09, 2015 05:11 PM

David,

I suspect that this item, Lookup Name Value converted to URL Hyperlink on Properties page, affects the display of dynamically generated URLs in your approach.  We're on 13.1 and my URL's in static lookups are not displaying as hyperlinks, just as Kathryn describes.

Please, confirm.  I don't want to send our team down this path, at least with URLs where we could use it most, if its broken without a workaround.

Thanks,

Dale

Dec 04, 2014 12:51 PM

Thanks, David.  I had arrived directly at the document, not seeing the tip.  This is helpful, too.

Dec 04, 2014 11:23 AM

Happy to be of help!    ( I use this trick all over the place! )

There is a (small) discussion about it here too TIP : How To Put Any Dynamically Generated Value On A Clarity Object (just in case you haven't come to the document via the TIP it was originally loaded against)

Dec 04, 2014 11:13 AM

This is cool stuff.  SergioG turned me on to this solution, today while at TRW Dusseldorf site.

Looks like we can use this linking checklist/deliverable items to tasks and have alias links on task properties back to linked these items.

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.