View Only

Chat Transcript: Office Hours for CA Single Sign-On [Dec. 17th] 

Dec 17, 2015 01:04 PM

Kristen Malzone (CA) :

Hi Sam! Thanks for joining today!

Kristen Malzone (CA) :

Alright - let's get started!

Kristen Malzone (CA) :

If you have a question about CA Single Sign-On, enter it here in the chat window.

Kristen Malzone (CA) :

Our product experts are standing by to answer your questions in real-time.

Aaron Berman (CA) :

Hello Sam, how are you doing today?

Kristen Malzone (CA) :

Hi Joe! Thanks for joining today!

Aaron Berman (CA) :

Are you both as excited about the upcoming 12.52 SP1 CR4 release as I am?

Joe :

Interested to see if there are any interesting features outlined in upcoming release

Sam Dikeman :

Is there any discussion within the product management group to certify 12.51 against RHEL 7?  I didn't see it on the roadmap.

Aaron Berman (CA) :

In the CR4 release we have 3 new features.

shahn Soomro (CA) :

lets just put it out there...IWA integration with OF365...wow...very cool...that is going to be very useful..

Aaron Berman (CA) :

@sam - Ability to have multiple ACO settings inside a single IIs web server, ability to turn off Isauthorized calls, and also windows authentication for thick client apps into office 365

Joe :

does CR4 release support RHEL 7?

Herb Mehlhorn :

@sam - certification for RH7 ..believe you likely mean policy server is in conv.

Herb Mehlhorn :

@sam - don't think all the libs in 12.51 can support RH7, but we are doing due dilligence on what libs need changing and determingin how to address

Sam Dikeman :

@Herb - so there is discussion to get it certified?

Herb Mehlhorn :

@sam - yes, but my expectation right now is that it would more liekly need 12.52 (SP to be determined) due to internal libraries in 12.51 that may not officially support RH7

Joe :

Are suggestions to enable SM Trace Profiling on PROD without impacting much of performance?

Herb Mehlhorn :

@joe,   trace profiling today will have significant imact on prod

Sam Dikeman :

@Herb - Thanks.  I just know that right now there isn't much of an appetite for an upgrade.  But OS upgrades are going to be happening.

Herb Mehlhorn :

@joe, howeve,r there is work that has been done to speed that up.

Kristen Malzone (CA) :

Hi Prakhar! Thanks for joining today! Do you have a question for our SSO experts?

Herb Mehlhorn :

@ joe in 12.52 SP2 we cut the impact of turning on tracing by ~60%.

Herb Mehlhorn :

@ joe ....we expect to expand that trace logging to other os's... and there are some other nice characteristics of changes made in 12.52 SP2...take a look at the release notes on this.....sholud be provide greater appreciation for how the arch of trace logging is changing.

Herb Mehlhorn :

@sam...what is likley timing of the OS upgrade?

Joe :

@Herb, tracing by default requires write to flat file, what level of improvements were done in 12.52 SP2 in regards to tracing ? Is that release available for RHEL ?

Herb Mehlhorn :

@joe...coming on RH.   not yet avail, but same improves as in SP2 will be avail in RH.

Herb Mehlhorn :

@joe, expect to have pre-ga kit for customers to test with/validate in H1 2016...timing of exactly when is tbd

Aaron Berman (CA) :

@Joe SP2 featured 2 different mechanisims for writing that log.  if offers a buffered write capability to help reduce the overhead of writing each line in the log, and also a in memory only trace log that can be dumped on command.

Herb Mehlhorn :

@joe...dev team here will be giving me better insight at end fo jan/early feb.

Sam Dikeman :

@Herb - It is already starting on some non-prod servers.  We've been getting questions about it for servers running an agent.  We've told them no RH7 for now.  I would expect it to become a topic for discussion in mid 2016.

Herb Mehlhorn :

@sam...believe there is some agent avail already...will take 2 mins to look at supprot matrix now.

Sam Dikeman :

@Herb - I don't believe any agent in 12.51.  I could be wrong and will stand corrected.

Joe :

OneView Monitor component today is not offering Historical Statistics. Are there any improvements in future release ?

Herb Mehlhorn :

@sam...there is some support in the agent space for apache 64 bit...cert team has some avail bandwidth...so if you have some need on RH7...we can tee it up for you.

Sam Dikeman :

@Herb - Latest request was for Apache 2.4.  So are you saying there is a 12.51 agent already out there?

Herb Mehlhorn :

@joe...no plans to do that at this point.

Herb Mehlhorn :

@joe for historical perf. data really best options are CA App Performance Manager or one of our third party partners e.g. IdentityLogix

Colleen Doyle (CA Edu) :

Check out CA Education's new course: CA Single Sign-On 12.52.x: Foundations 200. This self-directed course will teach you how to deploy a basic CA SSO environment, Configure the Policy Server with the Management Console, Administer Agents and Hosts and more! Sign up today: http://marketplace.ca.com/education/04smr2043s.html

Herb Mehlhorn :

@colleen...thank you for info....good course for some new folks that help manage the product.

Kristen Malzone (CA) :

We want your feedback! Don't forget to take the SSO product survey. https://survey.medallia.com/?product-communities&product=Single%20Sign-On%20(SiteMinder)

Herb Mehlhorn :

@all.   also want to note that we are working on an ...advanced course that is a spring board idea  CA World.  A pre-conference training session was so well attended and touched on a number of advanced topics that we are working on putting out a more advanced topics course.

Sam Dikeman :

@Herb - did you see my last question?

Herb Mehlhorn :

@sam...sorry..no...scrolling up ...1 min

Herb Mehlhorn :

@sam...see it...there is an apache 2.4 agent for 12.52, but very very likely that will support 12.51 and we could very easily certify.

Herb Mehlhorn :

@ sam...so..you need RH7 Apache 2.4 64 bit for 12.51 ...which CR?

Sam Dikeman :

@Herb - will need to verify.  Can I send that to you after this ends?  And what do you think the turnaround time would be?

Herb Mehlhorn :

@sam...pretty quick...I think we have bandwidth in jan...send me detail...

Sam Dikeman :

@Herb.  Will do.  Thanks

Herb Mehlhorn :

@sam...happy holidays...

Kristen Malzone (CA) :

7 minutes left! Get your final questions in now!

Sam Dikeman :

On a totally different note.  @Aaron - logn time, no talk.  Hope all is well with you.

Aaron Berman (CA) :

@yes sam.. we should catch up.. lots of changes at the account where we first met up a long time ago

Aaron Berman (CA) :

@sam you would be interested in them. 

Sam Dikeman :

@Aaron - yeah, I'm sure.  Good to hear  you.  I don't have anyone on the inside any longer over there to keep me up to date.  Just glad to see you're still here having fun...

Sam Dikeman :

@Kristen - thanks for hosting.  Much easier for this type of stuff than opening a case.

Kristen Malzone (CA) :

Thanks for joining, Sam! Have a great weekend!

Kristen Malzone (CA) :

We'll post the transcript  today's chat to the CA Security Community.

Kristen Malzone (CA) :

See you next month for another session of CA SSO Office Hours!

Herb Mehlhorn :

@all..thanks every one!

Statistics
0 Favorited
0 Files
0 Shares
0 Downloads

Tags and Keywords

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.