Rally

View Only

Rally Portfolio Example 

Mar 17, 2016 11:13 AM

I'm working to set up Themes that go out into Q2 of 2017 in a test workspace I set up. I noticed that the Portfolio Timeline view is not showing me the Theme that starts in Q2 of 2017. Is there some limitation on how far into the future a Theme's Planned Start Date can be and still have it show? I've attached an MS Word document with a couple images showing the setup of Portfolio Items and the Portfolio Timeline view that does not show all the Epics. Thanks for any insights.

Statistics
0 Favorited
1 Files
0 Shares
1 Downloads
Attachment(s)
docx file
Rally Portfolio Example.docx   95 KB   1 version
Uploaded - May 29, 2019

Tags and Keywords

Comments

Mar 21, 2016 01:06 PM

A portfolio item with a start date within the 12 month window will display fully on the printed version if you use the "zoom to fit" option and will display on the Portfolio Timeline page if the start date is in within the visible timeline. I added three of my votes to this idea.

Mar 21, 2016 09:23 AM

I contacted support, and the Portfolio Timeline is set to only show 12 months into the future. They suggested that I use ideas.rallydev.com and put my wishes out there. It turns out that there was already a suggestion, so I voted it up, and added a comment. If you'd like to see the capability, please consider voting for it at https://ideas.rallydev.com/ideas/D2738 The other suggestion was that our account owner may be able to set us up with a solutions architect who could write custom code for you, depending on your subscription level. We are not at that level of subscription.

Mar 21, 2016 09:20 AM

I just checked ours, and sure enough--same problem.

Mar 18, 2016 10:46 AM

I created a Theme in a demo environment in 2018, and it didn't show up in the Timeline. I was genuinely surprised by this. I don't know how to get the Timeline to extend past Q1 2017, and I'd suggest you open a support case.

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.