Service Operations Insight

View Only

Overview of SOI 4.0 CU1/SP2 Reporting Scenarios 

Apr 15, 2016 05:26 AM

This document gives an overview about the different scenarios of using Reporting with CA Service Operations Insight 4.0 CU1/SP2.
Please follow the links for detailed information.

SOI 4.0 CU1/SP2 with JasperReports

When upgrading the SOI system to SOI 4.0 CU1/SP2, JasperReports is the only fully supported reporting system.

See here for details of the installation: Install CABI (BusinessObjects) - CA Service Operations Insight - 4.0 CU1, SP2 - CA Technologies Documentation.

The default installation method „With CABI JasperReports Server“ will guide you through a complete installation consisting of the following components:

• JDK 1.8
  • Tomcat 7.0.68
  • definition of Environment Variables (JAVA_HOME and PATH)
  • TIBCO JasperReports Server v6.1.0 (using MS-SQL Database)
  • SOI Reports

If you want to use

• a different version of JDK (JasperReports supports JDK 1.7 and 1.8)
  • a different version of Tomcat (JasperReports supports Tomcat 7 and 8)
  • a different database (JasperReports supports MS-SQL, MySQL, Oracle 11g R2 and PostgreSQL)

(find more details here: Certification Matrix - CA Business Intelligence JasperReports® Server - 6.1.0 - CA Technologies Documentation )

you have to select the installation method „Without CABI JasperReports Server“.

In this case you have to go through the manual installation of above listed components prior to installing the SOI Reports on the JasperReports server.

See her for details: CABI Installation on Windows - CA Business Intelligence JasperReports® Server - 6.1.0 - CA Technologies Documentation .

SOI 4.0 CU1/SP2 with BusinessObjects

If you want to continue using your reporting environment based on BusinessObjects InfoView, you can do so with a limited set of functionality (see here: Known Issues - 4.0 CU1 - CA Service Operations Insight - 4.0 CU1, SP2 - CA Technologies Documentation  ):

Please add comments if you want to get information about different scenarios.

MichaelBoehm

Statistics
0 Favorited
0 Files
0 Shares
0 Downloads

Tags and Keywords

Comments

Apr 11, 2017 04:45 AM

Hi Stefan,

some additional thoughts:

Yes, it might be a security issue to use a default password.  But (from your scenario):

What would you gain by using your colleague's ID and even modify his/her password (which he/she could ask the Admin to reset)?

JasperSoft is a "read-only" system to run reports on data from remote databases.  You cannot delete or modify any data.

As such, what risk do you see what you could "mess up" using JasperSoft?

This way of using the default password is existing since SOI and BOXI are on the market, and I never heard any complaint or mentioning of a "security issue".

To keep processes easy for the users, the identical way was implemented when migrating from BOXI to JasperSoft.

MichaelBoehm

Apr 11, 2017 02:37 AM

Thank you Shaheen,

oh, so i searched it (default pwd) in wrong place = in the jaspersoft installation section.

2. what i tried to say is that my login is RT12001 and my colleagues logins are RT12002 and RT12005 as it follows some logic in naming standard and the SOI and JasperSoft is synchronized with the AD users, then I can login under my colleagues account (as i know his username and initial password before they first change their default pwd = SAMRT12002). and if i want to be even worse, then i can not just use his account to login, but i can even change it and after that he want be able to login. i think, it's a security issue. what do you think, please?

thank you, stefan

Apr 10, 2017 05:25 PM

Hi Stefan,

- This is documented in "https://docops.ca.com/ca-service-operations-insight/4-0-cu1-sp2/en/administrating/general-administration/configure-ca-soi-reports-for-cabi-jasperreports-server"

"The users that are automatically added to the CABI JasperReports Server SOI Reports group are assigned a temporary password of SAMuserid (for example, if the user name is jeromeG, the password is also SAMjeromeG)."

- In your situation you may want to integrate Jasper with LDAP/AD, instead of letting SOI add the users to Reports in Jasper. This way you can bring in your LDAP user group in to jasper and you won't have to use the prefix SAM. Just FYI - We still haven't certified the integration but we can take this to our developers if needed for certification.

Thanks

Shaheen

Apr 10, 2017 05:04 PM

Just one more thing to add here, the user name & password is case sensitive!

It took me many tries but you have to check in the SOI Users tab and see if the user listed is either:  stefan or STefan  b/c it matters...

Our LDAP lists users at Capital First name, Cap Last name so:  FLast   is the user and the PW: would be:  SAMFLast

Apr 10, 2017 04:42 PM

thank you Brahma, it's working.

1. is it anywhere in the SOI documentation please? as i didnt see it. i know it worked like this for BOXI, but unfortunatelly it didnt come to my mind to try it. as i thought it was BOXI feature, but now it's clear for me that it is because SOI cant/dont send the passwords to the reporting engine.

2. i think it's quite big security issue as anybody could login under different username (usually the usernames follow some naming standard = XY12), change their initial password and use it. dont you have any information whether there is any plan/on roadmap to change this default behavior?

thank you,

stefan

Apr 10, 2017 10:05 AM

Hello Stefan,

The default password is "SAM<username>"...

Ex: If username is "stefan" then the password would be SAMstefan

Let me know if this works.

Thanks

Brahma

Apr 10, 2017 09:55 AM

Thank you Michael! 

it's working finally (after 8hours struggling with an incorrect installation file :/)..

just 1 more thing please:

SOI and Jaspersoft are integrated now and i can see the SOI users in Jaspersoft (with the soi organization as well).

but when i click on reports link in SOI UI and im redirected to the Jaspersoft webUI  and try to login there with the SOI user/SOI password i got " invalid credentials supplied. Could not login to JasperReports server" error message.

i 2x restarted the SOI MGR/SOI UI and Jaspersoft as well.

is there any default password for all users that should be reset after first user synchronization between SOI and JasperSoft as it was in BOXI?

because if i set in JasperSoft for a SOI user the same password as he has in SOI and try to login, it works. but it means manually editing every user.

thank you,

stefan

Apr 10, 2017 03:45 AM

Hi Catalin,

currently the only supported version for SOI is CABI 6.1.

Other versions (if installed manually) might work with SOI, but they are not tested and supported yet.

It is on the list to have a common JasperServer for all products during the next 3-6 months.

MichaelBoehm

Apr 10, 2017 03:42 AM

Hi Stefan,

DVD04104843E.iso is the base image of SOI 4.0.  Jasper is not supported, that version is still based on BOXI.

As of SOI 4.0 CU1 Jasper is supported.

You will find the complete reports installation in the CU1 package RO89152.zip.

But I recommend you download the latest SP2 DVD11104055E.iso - it contains Jasper with the latest license pack.

MichaelBoehm

Apr 09, 2017 06:10 PM

hi MichaelBoehm 

where can i get the soi-reports.exe packaged with jaspersoft?

as from your webex video "July 2016 Webcast Replay - SOI: Report Integration with CABI JasperReports Server" i can see that your soi-reports.exe is around 800MB, but the soi-reports.exe that i have from support.ca.com SOI 4.0 SP2 image DVD04104843E.iso is only 112MB, so i suppose you used some different image. even the menu on the left side is different from yours.

where i can get the installation file that you used, please?

because, the DVD04104843E.iso image doesnt include the jaspersoft and i cant find jaspersoft 6.1 anywhere on support.ca.com. i could find only jaspersoft 6.2 that i installed, but after that even if i had run the mentioned DVD04104843E.iso image, it failed: 

do you have please any idea/suggestion what the rootcause could be and how to proceed?

thank you,

stefan

Apr 07, 2017 06:12 AM

Is CABI 6.1.0 the only version supported? Is is possible to have a CABI 6.3.0 installation with manual installation/configuration of SOI reports. With all CA solutions migrating to JasperServer, it does not make sense to have multiple JasperServer installations, each one with a different version for each of the CA solutions. For example, nowadays CA SPECTRUM 10.2.1 is certified with CABI 6.3.0. CA SOI 4.0 SP2 is certified with CABI 6.1.0. CA ServiceDesk Manager is certified with CABI 6.2.0. CA PPM 15.2 is certified with JasperServer 6.2.1. 

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.