Automic Workload Automation

View Only

12.3.6 (HF1) to V21

Lester Chew's profile image
Lester Chew posted May 17, 2022 07:55 PM
Hi All,

Has anyone done an upgrade using ZDU from 12.3.6 to V21 and if so, what issues have you come across and their resolution?

I currently have a ticket open.  I have an environment with two AE and two Tomcat Windows servers.  I upgraded one AE using ZDU to V21 as well as the Tomcat server to V21 AWI.  With the certificate in place, I started all the processes on the upgraded AE server.  While the processes started (with some corrections to the database service Agent, JCP/Rest processes, and Analytics), I could not see the WS.PORTs 8443 and 8444 listening when doing netstat -a | findstr 8443.  I was told that there were reports of issues when using 8443.  So I have changed to use 8444 and 8445 and still these ports are not listening.  The configuration file is using WS.PORT=8444-8445. 

Broadcom is looking for a resolution with one option to do a cold start.  With the cold start, it really negates the ZDU's purpose.  I have been informed they are able to reproduce the port issue and from 12.3.6.  For those on 12.3.8, there is no issue doing ZDU to V21.  Something got fixed between 12.3.6 and 12.3.8.

Like to know if anyone out there was able to successfully upgrade from 12.3.6 to V21 Windows environment or even better, if you have successfully remedy the issue on your own.

Thank you.