CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Service Desk - Jasper 7.9.1 integration

Posted Jul 27, 2022 05:29 AM
      |   view attached
    Dear all,

Has anyone here on the community tried to integrate Jasper 7.9.1 with CA Service Desk. I installed Jasper 7.9, then I integrated it with CA Service Desk and everything was working. But I wanted to install 7.9.1 hotfix for Jasper because some of the main features are not working for me in 7.9 version (cascading input controls, search in dashboard etc.).
    After installing 7.9.1 hotfix for Jasper, integration between SDM and Jasper suddenly stopped working. I am wondering has anyone solved this issue or is this a known issue that needs to be solved?

The error log that I am getting after installing 7.9.1 hotfix for Jasper and trying to launch it from SDM is in attachment. 

I think that problem is somewhere in applicationContext-externalAuth-template-mt.xml file but I am not so sure. If I don't remove this file from WEB-INF folder I am not even able to login "directly" into Jasper UI. If I remove it than login in Jasper UI works directly but not from SDM.

Thanks in advance and BR,
    Bruno Zidarević

Attachment(s)

txt
    jasper-log.txt   14 KB 1 version

• 2.  RE: Service Desk - Jasper 7.9.1 integration

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 29, 2022 05:01 PM
    Hi Bruno,

The Jasper's hotfix doesn't work with SDM as there were new API changes introduced on Jasper side which break the current integration w.r.t authentication.

We are looking into this problem currently. We would update you once we have the fix ready.

Regards,
    Mounika K.

• 3.  RE: Service Desk - Jasper 7.9.1 integration

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 29, 2022 05:01 PM
    Hi Bruno,

Jasper 7.9.1 hotfix doesn't work with SDM as Tibco introduced a few API changes in the hotfix.
    The integration between SDM-Jasper 7.9 breaks and the Jasper UI doesn't come up after applying the hotfix.
    We are currently looking into this problem and shall update you once the fix is ready.

Regards,
    Mounika K.

• 4.  RE: Service Desk - Jasper 7.9.1 integration

Posted Aug 01, 2022 01:53 AM
    Hello Mounika,

Thanks for the information. Do you have some timestamp when this can be fixed?

Thanks and BR,
    Bruno Zidarević

• 5.  RE: Service Desk - Jasper 7.9.1 integration

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 02, 2022 12:42 AM
    Hi Bruno,

I believe that we have a support ticket already created on the same topic and we have been actively discussing and sharing the progress on the support ticket. Follow the support ticket updates for the progress and reach out to us via support for any further queries on the same topic.  

Thank You,
    Shiva

• 6.  RE: Service Desk - Jasper 7.9.1 integration

Posted Aug 03, 2022 03:24 PM
    Could you please tell me what hotfix that is causing the issue?   I am currently building 7.9.1 and the only hotfix I am aware of is the cumulative hotfix 99111510 for log4j and Spring4Shell.  I know there is a hotfix for Studio, but this is client side.