CA Service Management

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Restoring or Keeping "My Saved Searches" After Scoreboard Reset - SDM 17.3

• 1.  Restoring or Keeping "My Saved Searches" After Scoreboard Reset - SDM 17.3

Posted Nov 27, 2022 08:21 PM
    Hello,

We frequently want to make changes to the Scoreboard's visible for our Service Desk access type. Is there anyway users can restore or retain their "My Saved Searches" after resetting their Scoreboard?

Or do they need to recreate them (which equals more duplicate stored queries in the system)

Thanks
    Stuart

• 2.  RE: Restoring or Keeping "My Saved Searches" After Scoreboard Reset - SDM 17.3

Posted Dec 02, 2022 03:43 PM
    Edited by Lindsay Estabrooks Dec 02, 2022 03:43 PM
    Hi Stuart,
    Scoreboards are linked either to a contact (personal) or a role. If you have a personal scoreboard, you do not get the role scoreboard. When you create a personal scoreboard for the first time, it is initially instantiated from the role scoreboard. Any changes made to the role scoreboard after that do not appear in the personal scoreboard. If you refresh your personal scoreboard, the personal scoreboard is deleted and re-instantiated from the current role scoreboard.

My approach has always been to discourage personal scoreboards. If one analyst needs a specific scoreboard node, then, in most cases, other analysts in the same role will find that scoreboard node useful as well. I then control the queries that go into scoreboards (making them efficient).

Cheers,
    Lindsay

------------------------------
    Lindsay Estabrooks
    Principal Consultant
    IT-EDU Consultants LLC
    ------------------------------