CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  REST web services 404 Not Found

Posted Nov 29, 2022 09:39 AM
    Hi,

I'm having issues with REST web service after upgrading to 17.3.0.18.

When trying to obtain rest_access key I'm getting 404 Not Found response.

Tried to redeploy, but did not help. The folder caisd-rest and its content is being re-created when re-deploying.

Pdm_rest_util -deploy (-undeploy) 

Pdm_tomcat_nxd -t REST -c start/stop

Testing with Postman, and the REST port is up and running:

Option rest_webservice_resource_to_expose it not installed.

Also in the web.xml file I've enable REST API external adress, as following:

Maybe someone had similar issues, any help would be appreciated. Opened Support case, but no help for now.
    Best Regards,
    Domagoj

• 2.  RE: REST web services 404 Not Found

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 29, 2022 01:36 PM
    Hi Domagoj,

This behavior you see is because of the cxf-rt-bindings-soap-3.4.5.jar being shipped in to the NX_ROOT\java\lib\CXF folder of 17.3 RU18 to support SOAP CXF Webservices. This is a bug and has been fixed in the upcoming rollup of 17.3 RU19 (currently in the testing cycle).

As a workaround for now until RU19 gets delivered, please follow the steps outlined below:

1. Stop the CA Service Desk Manager Services.
    2. Navigate to NX_ROOT\java\lib\CXF folder and cut(ctrl +x) the file cxf-rt-bindings-soap-3.4.5.jar and paste it into the NX_ROOT\java\lib folder.
    3. Navigate to NX_ROOT\pdmconf folder and open pdm_startup.i file in notepad++.
    4. Look for the entry $NX_ROOT/java/lib/CXF/cxf-rt-bindings-soap-3.4.5.jar and change it to $NX_ROOT/java/lib/cxf-rt-bindings-soap-3.4.5.jar
    5. Do the step 4 action also in pdm_startup.i.tpl file.
    6. Start the CA Service Desk Manager Services.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Regards,
    Rajesh Chitrapu

• 3.  RE: REST web services 404 Not Found

Posted Nov 29, 2022 03:31 PM
    Edited by Domagoj Hrzic Nov 29, 2022 03:45 PM
    Hello Rajesh,

thanks for the update, replaced as noted and it works now.
    As I noted in the support case, there are also issues regarding JQuery. After the upgrade in the scripts folder, the new JQuery files are placed, but when I open SDM application when selecting any Stored Query in the Scoreboard - I'm getting blank screen.
    After I replaced the old jquery folder, stored queries are returning results on the screen as expected.

So something went wrong, with the header scripts tag maybe? It seems to me that, after the upgrade, application is still expecting older files.

Best Regards,
    Domagoj

• 4.  RE: REST web services 404 Not Found

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 30, 2022 11:22 AM

Hi Domagoj,

Can you please confirm that you did clear the browser cache after you installed the latest RU?

Do you have load_cache.htmpl and/or std_head_include.htmpl customized? These are the files that store which js files to be included.

Regards,
    Sebastian Nagy

• 5.  RE: REST web services 404 Not Found

Posted Nov 30, 2022 02:30 PM
    Hi Sebastian,

I can confirm that browser cache was deleted, and these files are not customized.

Regards,
    Domagoj

• 6.  RE: REST web services 404 Not Found

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 30, 2022 03:45 PM
    Hi Domagoj,

Are you sure that RU15 is properly installed? The jQuery upgrade was done in 17.3RU15. RU15 was released on June 16 2022.

So I would expect the two previously mentioned htmpl files to be be around that date as well, if they are new-er, I would recommend to extract the RU15 caz files and compare them to what you have in your environment.

I'm 99% sure that there is some mismatch - most likely the htmpl files are pointing to the older js files.

Regards,
    Sebastian