Automic Workload Automation

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

AWI not reachable after update to V21

• 1.  AWI not reachable after update to V21

Posted Mar 14, 2023 06:17 AM

Hi,

I have upgraded our test system to V21 and would use the integrated Jetty now.
    When I want to call the AWI, a blank page appears with the message "Website not available".
    - Certificates are installed
    - Configs adjusted according to the docu
    - AWI started via ServiceManager (without errors)

I can't find any errors in the logs. What else could be the problem?

Thanks
    Stefan

• 2.  RE: AWI not reachable after update to V21

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 14, 2023 11:04 AM

Hi @Stefan Rieger 

when using Jetty you can find the logs in the sub-folder "osgi-tmp/0"  such as "osgi-tmp/0/myserver_ECC_LOG.00.txt

Some questions:

• which port do you specify in the configuration file "config/configuration.properties" ?
    • do you specify the configured port in the browser e.g. http://myserver:18080
    • which messages are printed when you start AWI on the command line e.g. java -jar aa-webui-launcher.jar ?
    • which Java version are you using?

Michael

• 3.  RE: AWI not reachable after update to V21

Posted Mar 14, 2023 12:43 PM

now at least the login mask opens. But now the following error appears 

Connection to the AE system not possible.
    No connection to the following CPs could be established:
    server.xxx.xxx.xxx:8443
    Please make sure that the system meets the minimum requirement for processes and that it uses WS.PORT to establish the connection.

• 4.  RE: AWI not reachable after update to V21

Posted Mar 14, 2023 12:43 PM

now at least the login mask opens. But now the following error appears 

Connection to the AE system not possible.
    No connection to the following CPs could be established:
    server.xxx.xxx.xxx:8443
    Please make sure that the system meets the minimum requirement for processes and that it uses WS.PORT to establish the connection.

• 5.  RE: AWI not reachable after update to V21

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 15, 2023 03:32 AM

Hi Stefan,

pls confirm that you have the AWI application configured to point to a JCP (defined in ucsrv.ini using WS.PORT) and that the certificate contains the servername in the CN and/or SAN. It has to match exactly the configuration in uc4config.xml (cp ip=).

Regards, Markus

• 6.  RE: AWI not reachable after update to V21

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 15, 2023 05:58 AM

Hi @Stefan Rieder 

Please make sure that all required AE processes are properly configured and running (at minimum 1 each):

• WP
      Service Manager: UCsrvwp.exe -Iucsrv.ini -svc%port%
    • JWP
      Service Manager: java -jar ucsrvjp.jar -Iucsrv.ini -svc%port%
    • JCP
      Service Manager: java -jar ucsrvjp.jar -Iucsrv.ini -svc%port% -cp
    • REST
      Service Manager: java -jar ucsrvjp.jar -Iucsrv.ini -svc%port% -rest
    • CP (optional, only needed for non TLS-enabled Agents)
      Service Manager: UCsrvcp.exe -Iucsrv.ini -svc%port%

I also added stripped down commands for the Service Manager's entries (for Windows). You might add path to the executables and configuration-file. You might also enhance the Java command.

Please have also a look at the network configuration to make sure that the server where AWI is running can establish a connection to the server where the AE is running using the ports 8443 (JCP, WS.PORT) and 8088 (REST)

See also https://docs.automic.com/documentation/webhelp/english/ALL/components/DOCU/21.0.5/Automic%20Automation%20Guides/Content/Installation_Upgrade/Upgrade_Intro.htm?tocpath=Upgrading%7C_____0

Michael

• 7.  RE: AWI not reachable after update to V21

Posted Mar 16, 2023 02:39 AM

It was due to an incorrect certificate. Unfortunately, the error messages were not meaningful.
    Now at least everything is running. Thanks for the answers anyway. 

BR
    Stefan

• 8.  RE: AWI not reachable after update to V21

Posted May 25, 2023 11:24 AM

We are also facing similar issues, can you please share what was wrong with the certificate.

• 9.  RE: AWI not reachable after update to V21

Posted May 29, 2023 03:28 PM

Not sure if you're still having the issue, but the issue I had when testing this particular upgrade was that the value you use for the JCP server's hostname in your AWI configuration must match the value on your certificate's subject, right down to case-sensitivity (which is where I got bitten). 

• 10.  RE: AWI not reachable after update to V21

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 30, 2023 02:23 AM

@Pratima Mokkala - pls let me add to @Kyle Harlow s comment: if you have JCPs running on multiple servers then pls make sure you list them all in the SAN (subject alternative name).