CA Service Management

View Only

How create objects in top_object() 

Feb 20, 2017 07:57 AM

Now it is very easy to program in the SPEL language by declaring objects instead of using arrays. Here is an example code:

void z_myMethod()
{
    object zo_obj;
    zo_obj = z_createObject('name', 'daniel', 'age', 39, 'birthday', now());

printf("Object: '%s'\n", (string) zo_obj);
    printf("# '%s'\n", zo_obj.name);
    printf("# '%s'\n", zo_obj.age);
    printf("# '%s'\n", zo_obj.birthday);
}

object z_createObject(...)
{
    // Create a object in top_object() context
    // The parameters may be informed in paires

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    // Begin
    int zi_i;
    for (zi_i=0; zi_i<argc; zi_i+=2) {
        send_wait(0, this, "call_attr", argv[zi_i], "set_val", argv[zi_i+1]);
    }
    return this;
    // Finish
    ///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
}

Statistics
0 Favorited
0 Files
0 Shares
0 Downloads

Tags and Keywords

Comments

Feb 22, 2017 10:16 AM

I Agree with these statements, we would be in a lot of trouble if our customizations no longer worked.  For service management, it's not possible to cover all use cases with configuration, therefore customization needs to be a viable option in order to adapt to business requirements.  Due to this, we aren't able to use xFlow in it's current state.

Feb 22, 2017 09:55 AM

I'm not afraid of it giedrius  . CA knows that one of the strongest reasons for customers to opt for the SDM tool is the tool's ability to be highly customizable and flexible. I do not believe in a single solution that can fit all customer scenarios.

Feb 22, 2017 09:01 AM

I am affraid that this dream may come true. In 2019, when SDM will move from customization to configuration we will be forced to stick with default functionality with possibility to change few cosmetic things here and there, as now we have in xFlow interface  

Feb 21, 2017 08:48 PM

Chris_Hackett

The dream of many administrators of the CA Service Desk Manager tool around the world is that CA vendor itself publish these customization tips and all related official technical documentation (Spel, Perl, etc.).
Currently we spend a lot of time in this investigation of features that the product has but unfortunately are not disclosed and everyone is unaware.
But maybe one day this will change and the life of integrators and customizers will become easier.
Anyway, thank you for your attention.

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.