Continuous Delivery Director

Manage Users & Groups: CA Release Automation Continuous Delivery Edition 

Jun 27, 2016 02:28 PM

This video will show you how to create users and groups in CA Release Automation Continuous Delivery Edition.

For more information, please visit: http://cainc.to/UWq5f2

Statistics
0 Favorited
0 Files
0 Shares
0 Downloads

Tags and Keywords

Comments

Sep 06, 2016 09:50 AM

Michael, you are correct that the permissions model is centered around releases. There is currently no way to tie permissions to applications.

You could create a specific user group intended for each application (that you then assign to each release/phase in which the application is deployed), but that is a manual way of doing it.

Your questions are very helpful to me, because we tried very hard to make the CDE documentation as full-featured and self-service as possible. I know this is not the case with RA, but our hope is that CDE users can get by without on-site support just using the docs. Wherever this is not the case, I definitely want to hear about is so we can improve.

Sep 05, 2016 01:23 AM

hey Archer,

so, I would believe the default is, that the user/group doesn't have any permissions, they become viewers, when I add them to the release members?

is there a functionality that allows to set a view permission on application level, so that these users/groups get automatically added to the release members, when a release for this application is created? I know that the concept of the CDE seems the other way around and built with Releases in the center, but in my logic, applications are still the one above, as you plan to release an application

sorry for all those questions btw, but it is the first time, that I'm kinda really looking into this stuff and as long as we didn't have our proof of concept and training with our beloved CA consultant, you guys need to endure it

Sep 02, 2016 11:33 AM

The user management system changed slightly in 6.2. There is no longer a viewer role. Permissions are managed more granularly at the release level. This doc page has a good summary of how you can give people with the Designer role different permissions within a release: User Permissions - CA Release Automation Continuous Delivery Edition - 6.2 - CA Technologies Documentation . 

Sep 02, 2016 09:08 AM

Hey,

I'm running the CDE first time today and using Version 6.2, when logged in as superuser and a local user management (no ldap/ad), I can only add users/groups as Designer oder Administrator.

Was the "Viewer" removed and if it was removed, why was it removed?

thanks

Michael

Jul 22, 2016 03:48 PM

Want to learn more? Check out these additional training resources...

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.