Service Virtualization

View Only

Tech Tips: All DevTest Components Must Have Access to Registry Database 

Oct 08, 2018 11:40 AM

Communication Requirements

Ensure that your firewall allows DevTest Solutions to send and receive network transmissions.

The functionality that DevTest Solutions provides requires access to network resources and will not work properly if blocked by a firewall. Authorize DevTest Solutions applications.

All DevTest server components, must have access to the External Database the Registry is connecting to. Each DevTest server component communicates directly with the database to record their actions. Any restriction on the flow of this data has adverse effects.

These statements are also stated in our documentation.

Statistics
0 Favorited
0 Files
0 Shares
0 Downloads

Tags and Keywords

Comments

Oct 11, 2018 10:28 AM

Clarifying with PM right now.

Oct 10, 2018 08:53 AM

I only said that Simulator does not interact with the Database, the Coordinator does make a connection.

Cheers,

Danny

Oct 10, 2018 08:04 AM

Danny,

You are right, Coordinator and Simulator do not interact with the Database.

~Marcy

Oct 10, 2018 05:15 AM

Hi Danny,

Simulator does not interact with the Registry database directly. When the tests are completing or failing, Simulator creates an history event and pushes those events. The Registry handles the same to create a database entry. So Simulator does not interact with registry database directly, but notifies using the custom events.

Regards,

Ipsita

Oct 08, 2018 03:15 PM

Danny,

I am confirming with Product Management.

~Marcy

Oct 08, 2018 01:11 PM

Marcy,

If I remember correctly, a Simulator server component does not make a connection to the Registry database. The Coordinator processes the data on its behalf. Do I remember wrongly?

Cheers,

Danny

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.