CA Service Management

View Only

CI URL in Webi.jpg 

Jun 25, 2014 08:45 AM

Scheenshot to compliment building a hyperlink in a BOXI report for Configuration Items.

Statistics
0 Favorited
1 Files
0 Shares
1 Downloads
Attachment(s)
jpg file
CI URL in Webi.jpg   172 KB   1 version
Uploaded - May 29, 2019

Tags and Keywords

Comments

Jun 27, 2014 07:07 PM

Thanks for all the feedback everyone.

If anyone else would like to chime in on what topics they would like to see in a CABI - CA SDM course, please feel free to share.

Jun 27, 2014 09:54 AM

With Service Management spanning more than just the SDM universe I think it could be great to also include cross universe reporting in a training: e.g. learn how to build a report that uses data from both the Service Catalog and Service Desk universes. E.g.: who approved what service options in Catalog and what tickets were created in SDM for these.

Jun 27, 2014 08:15 AM

I've used CABI Reporting and SD Universe for a couple of years now and most of what I have used I learned on my own.  I most certainly would like a course on CABI Reports and the SD Universe. A course would have saved hours of searching on how to do something. I agree with Fred's comments that the course could be broken down into two courses, Fundamentals and Advanced and using real data during the class.  Although the cost would change with two courses, someone like myself would be able to skip the fundamentals course and just take the Advanced class as long as there are prerequisites for the Advanced class.

Joyce

SDM 12.7 CABI 3.1 (SP4)

Jun 26, 2014 10:51 AM

Thanks for the feedback Fred - fantastic!

Jun 26, 2014 09:44 AM

a few

CABI Design & Implementation Course (2-3 day):

•       Architecture
  •       Configuration
  •       Derived Universe
  •       Access
  •       Service Desk Integration
  •       Relationship of bundled apps
  •       Administration basics

CABI Reports and the SD Universe Course (3-5 day):

•       Webi Interface
        1. Intro
        2. Navigating Queries
        3. Report Elements
  •      Graphs, Layouts, and Design
  •      Formulas, Filters, Variables
  •      Advanced Queries
  •      Joining Classes
  •      Tips and Tricks
  •      Navigating the SD Universe
  •      Derived Universe and adding objects and filters
  •      Scheduling, Saving, Exporting, Backup & Recovery

Seems like Reports and the SD Universe Course could be broken into Fundamental & Advanced however with SAP’s courses the Fundamental equivalent is what you should be able to learn from the first day or so messing around in the tool and the Advanced usually has a good portion of content that may not be applicable to Service Management or IT reporting etc.  Splitting in to two courses also adds to cost.

To bring more value to the Reports and Universe course a requirment could be that the student have a functioning CABI system in place that they can create reports (do the labs) with their real data during the class.   Creating a report on financial data for sales offices in the fashion industry in class is great, but it is difficult to remember all of the elements when I'm back to reality trying apply them in a report aimed at suppoting a baseline Incident MTTR for my Desktop team.    - fred SDM12.7 CABI 3.2 (SP5)

Jun 26, 2014 08:41 AM

Fred...........

It is almost like you can read my mind

Do you have any topics/ideas for such a course?

Jun 26, 2014 08:28 AM

Yes, Virtual Class BOW320 XI 3.0/3.1: Adanced. Report Design in December of 2012.  It was OK.  I think a CA course that is tailored to the SD universe and the typical Service Management needs would be more valuable.  Is that where you are headed?

Jun 25, 2014 04:16 PM

Great work Fred!

Question - have you taken any specific SAP training to develop your BOXI reporting skills?

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.