Symantec Access Management

View Only

Tech Tip (Video): CA SSO r12.7:  REST API : How to use Policy Export/Import API 

May 19, 2017 03:01 AM

Introduction

CA Single Sign-On 12.7 provides the following new Policy Object REST APIs:

• Administrative Token API – Obtain a JWT token that is required to access the Policy Data API.

• Policy Data API – Create, read, update, and delete objects (including federation entities and partnerships, and certificate services) in the policy store.

• Policy Import/Export API – Export and import specified subsets of the policy data in the policy store.

In this tutorial I will demonstrate how to utilize the REST API for Policy Export & Import to perform a granular export of single Domain and its related objects.

We will use the embedded REST API client built using Swagger framework to perform the REST operations.

Environment

Administrative UI : R12.7
Policy server : R12.7

Statistics
0 Favorited
0 Files
0 Shares
0 Downloads

Tags and Keywords

Comments

Jan 11, 2018 12:34 AM

Hi Makesh,

1. You can't export object without its dependent object.

2. Yes , you can export multiple objects.

e.g.

Policy Object REST APIs - CA Single Sign-On - 12.7 - CA Technologies Documentation 

{

"mainObjectsMethod":"ADD",

"closureObjectsMethod":"ADD",

"passPhrase":"PassPhrase",

"suggestedFileName":"output.xml",

"objects":[

{"path":"SmDomains/FedBackChannelBasicDomain"},

{"path":"smagenttypes/Web Agent"}

]

}

Jan 09, 2018 10:01 PM

Hi Ujwol,

Really nice video to get basic understanding of Policy API.

Couple of questions:

1. In my use-case i would like to use my existing AuthScheme, Agent Group on Target env. i want to export just Domain objects alone from Source env without dependent objects, is it possible to do that ? Does the export method "Overlay" will help in this scenario?

2. Does the Rest API allow export multiple domain objects in a single XML output (may be comma separated domain name in export parameters like the below)?

“path” : “/SmDomains/testdomain1, /smDomains/testdomain2”

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.