DX Infrastructure Management

Tech Tip:  Baseline activation via Perl script 

Jun 09, 2016 03:58 AM

Attached Perl script (or .exe version) makes it possible to activate the baseline function in bulk for selected QoS entries based on regex selections on:

- qos name

- origin

- probe

- robot

- source

- target

Note: the baseline commands are generated in c:\temp\report_nimsoft_set_baseline.txt, it's up to you to execute the generated standard baseline commands

Example1: generate baseline commands for all QoS names containing cpu_usage: (result file is: c:\temp\report_nimsoft_set_baseline.txt)

perl nimsoft_baseline.pl -k"y" -q"CPU_USAGE"

Example2: generate baseline commands for all QoS entries containing cpu or memory and coming from the probe cdm:

perl nimsoft_set_baseline.pl -k"y" -q"cpu|memory" -o"cdm"

Example3: generate baseline commands for all QoS created by the probes cdm, net_connect,url_response:

perl nimsoft_set_baseline.pl -k"y" -o"cdm|net_connect|url_response"

Version 0.5 has:

- perl nimsoft_list_baseline.pl was added

- compiled versions do now cleanup temp files

- added compiled versions (in case your Perl has not all needed packages)

Note: this is only an example Perl to create baseline definitions in bulk. It must be enhanced with:

- the generated command file has still the baseline_engine path hardcoded

- the generated commands use only the baseline_engine on the master hub

Statistics
0 Favorited
1 Files
0 Shares
4 Downloads
Attachment(s)
zip file
nimsoft_set_baseline_v0.5.zip   11.46 MB   1 version
Uploaded - May 29, 2019

Tags and Keywords

Comments

Nov 11, 2016 05:02 AM

Good point, this is only a sample script to help to activate baselines in bulk.  A more advanced version would execute the generated commands directly from the script so that the passwords would not be visible in a generated file.

Nov 10, 2016 01:23 PM

I used the nimsoft_crypt for the password set in nimsoft_generic.dat, but after running the nimsoft_set_baseline.pl, the report with the commands contains the password in plain text.

Sep 27, 2016 12:39 AM

Hi Yan,

This script was created/tested with MSSQL.

But I think that only some small modifications in the Perl script are needed like there is only 1 SQL query in the code.

Regards,

Sep 26, 2016 11:11 PM

Hi,

I am using Oracle for UIM DB, can I use this script?

Regards,

Yan

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.