CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Detecting Change Workflow Tasks Completed By Somone Who Wasn't The Assignee Or Group Member - SDM 12.9

Posted May 01, 2019 11:45 PM

Hello,

We are using the 'classic workflow' component of Change Orders in SDM 12.9.

Currently any analyst can complete a change workflow task.

I want to detect any change workflow tasks that were not completed by either the assignee, or a member of the delegated group.

I have a BOXI CABI report that shows when the 'done_by' <> 'assignee'. However it won't show change workflow tasks that had no assignee populated, but were completed by someone that wasn't a member of the group set.

My following attempt at a scoreboard stored query is invalid, I was going for workflow tasks completed in the last month by someone that wasn't a group member:

(last_mod_dt > StartAtTime(\'PAST_MONTH\')) AND (done_by IS NOT NULL) AND (group.[group]group_list.member NOT IN (done_by.id))

Does anyone have a solution for me?

Thanks

Stuart

• 2.  Re: Detecting Change Workflow Tasks Completed By Somone Who Wasn't The Assignee Or Group Member - SDM 12.9

Posted May 06, 2019 05:35 PM

The reference to done_by.id is the issue, @cnt.id is accepted. Any ideas on why?

(group.[group]group_list.member NOT IN (done_by.id))

• 3.  Re: Detecting Change Workflow Tasks Completed By Somone Who Wasn't The Assignee Or Group Member - SDM 12.9

Posted May 06, 2019 10:55 PM

Hi Stuart,

try "NOT IN (done_by)" ?

Regards,

James

• 4.  Re: Detecting Change Workflow Tasks Completed By Somone Who Wasn't The Assignee Or Group Member - SDM 12.9

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 08, 2019 12:49 PM

Stuart_ ..........

Did camja06 suggestion to use "NOT IN (done_by)" help?

• 5.  Re: Detecting Change Workflow Tasks Completed By Somone Who Wasn't The Assignee Or Group Member - SDM 12.9

Posted May 08, 2019 04:31 PM

No unfortunately

(last_mod_dt > StartAtTime(\'PAST_MONTH\')) AND (done_by IS NOT NULL) AND (group.[group]group_list.member NOT IN (done_by))

returns

AHD05800:Bad where clause. invalid constraint. Check data types of referenced attributes

• 6.  Re: Detecting Change Workflow Tasks Completed By Somone Who Wasn't The Assignee Or Group Member - SDM 12.9

Posted May 08, 2019 05:16 PM

You cannot create a Stored Query that compares two fields. For example, for Object Type "Contact":

• last_name = \'Estabrooks\'   works (compares the contact last_name to a string literal)
    • last_name = @cnt.last_name   works (compares the contact last_name to the logged in user's last_name)
    • last_name = first_name   DOES NOT WORK

• 7.  Re: Detecting Change Workflow Tasks Completed By Somone Who Wasn't The Assignee Or Group Member - SDM 12.9
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 09, 2019 11:22 AM

Hi Stuart,

It possibly will be much easier to prevent the transition from happening - i.e. when the contact tries to set the task to completed, check to see if the logged in contact is the assignee or belongs to the group. If so, allow the transition otherwise prevent it with an error message.

Not sure if that would satisfy your business requirements - just a suggestion.

Thanks,

Indrajit Banerjee.

• 8.  Re: Detecting Change Workflow Tasks Completed By Somone Who Wasn't The Assignee Or Group Member - SDM 12.9

Posted May 20, 2019 10:52 AM

I second this suggestion